IGNORED

So What Is The Position With Marcus?

megansdad

Think we should know- revolving advertising on the main site is not the news I am interested in presently- following GJ's remarks and local press comment think we should have a statement on the position with MS.

Is he on the list or back in the fold??

I would guess that where Marcus is concerned having a chat is not that simple. I would think that there will be at least one agent involved for a start. I would also think that there would be no need to transfer list him, his people will probably get him fixed up so he can keep his dignity.

I would guess that where Marcus is concerned having a chat is not that simple. I would think that there will be at least one agent involved for a start. I would also think that there would be no need to transfer list him, his people will probably get him fixed up so he can keep his dignity.

The way i look at it is this.

There is no way at all that MS will leave BCFC next season to go and play for another team.

Why should he, he,s settled his family into a new home, is getting his wages week in and week out, has other businesses locally that he keeps his eye on, and most importantly HE WANTS TO end his career here with his beloved BCFC.

So, it surley makes sense for GJ and MS to sort their differences and try and get the best out of the lad.

I know that the Stewart hecklers will reply to this thread but I'm honestly looking for a sensible solution to all this, and ofcourse the best for our club.

it's all very well saying they need to settle there differences but more importantly, can he actually get fit enough and simply is he even good enough to play for a promotion chasing league one team, quite honestly I think it is a no on both counts and it is probably better for Stewart and City to call it quits parts ways and move

If MS wants to stay with the club he loves, he has got until now to the new season to knuckle down on his fitness. As for is he good enough, if you look as Bas and Big Mac and I definatley think he is good enough.

It is plain to see that MS and GJ does not see eye to eye, same as GJ didnt see eye to eye with Mr Bridges and I think he will come back to haunt us next season IF he is still with Carlisle. IMO GJ should wipe the slate clean with MS and start over again. MS is a proven goal scorer, he just needs a run in the team, and to improve his fitness.

• Admin

Basically Marcus needs to follow the example of Steve Jones, from a few years back.

Steve was pretty poor the first season he was with us, then during the pre-season he worked hard on his fitness (and tan), and came back like a new signing for us, having a decent following season

it's all very well saying they need to settle there differences but more importantly, can he actually get fit enough and simply is he even good enough to play for a promotion chasing league one team, quite honestly I think it is a no on both counts and it is probably better for Stewart and City to call it quits parts ways and move

He showed he was fit whenever he played, he was and IS one step ahead of most of the players we have at the club. Preston would not have taken him if he wasnt fit. Marcus Stewart could lead us up next season... but i doubt if the manager and him will be able to see eye to eye. I really hope they can though :dunno:

Didnt people who were ITK say that Stewart was always first in all the cross country runs etc in the City training sessions last season :Confused13: ???? not fit :dunno: not picked you mean :rolleyes:

The way i look at it is this.

There is no way at all that MS will leave BCFC next season to go and play for another team.

Why should he, he,s settled his family into a new home, is getting his wages week in and week out, has other businesses locally that he keeps his eye on, and most importantly HE WANTS TO end his career here with his beloved BCFC.

So, it surley makes sense for GJ and MS to sort their differences and try and get the best out of the lad.

I know that the Stewart hecklers will reply to this thread but I'm honestly looking for a sensible solution to all this, and ofcourse the best for our club.

Arny mate, where you been all this time! we been missing ya!

What do you mean by businesses mate?

Arny mate, where you been all this time! we been missing ya!

What do you mean by businesses mate?

Been Portugal tucks 4 2 weeks losing golf balls in the sunshine and now back to this load of ####

MS owns a few sunbed centres run by his family.

Makes a few bob out that to especially this time of year mate

PROVEN fittest bloke at the club start of last season and what do you mean by call it quits?

If hes on a so called £5000 a week thats over £250,000 a season and you want him to call it quits, and except how much :dunno:

Been Portugal tucks 4 2 weeks losing golf balls in the sunshine and now back to this load of ####

MS owns a few sunbed centres run by his family.

Makes a few bob out that to especially this time of year mate.

well nice to have you back!

I didnt realise this, he never seems the most tanned of players! Is he matey with Scott Murrey and the old Steve Jones :rofl2br: They like their sunbeds by the seems of it.

You'll be pleased to know Arny that i have changed my view a little bit. I would like to see Marcus with the rest of the squad for pre-season tour. She how he gets on against a bit higher opposition and go from there! At least give him pre season. However, I'm my opinion, he does need to pull his finger out because he definatly has not performed like he should of.

If he's fit enough to start for PNE in their Play-Off semi there can't be much wrong with his fitness. As I posted earlier, Michael Bridges told me that GJ didn't have any time for him or Stewart. It is the GJ differences that need to be worked out. GJ is getting the best out of a lot of players and not just the newish ones - Carey has been outstanding and Murray's move to the left was great. Orr and Woodman have settled into very competent players. I just think that GJ has had 3/4 season to work Stewart out and hasn't done so - I don't think he will.

If he's fit enough to start for PNE in their Play-Off semi there can't be much wrong with his fitness. As I posted earlier, Michael Bridges told me that GJ didn't have any time for him or Stewart. It is the GJ differences that need to be worked out. GJ is getting the best out of a lot of players and not just the newish ones - Carey has been outstanding and Murray's move to the left was great. Orr and Woodman have settled into very competent players. I just think that GJ has had 3/4 season to work Stewart out and hasn't done so - I don't think he will.

MS an MB are good mates and if they have both been told they arent needed then they will obviously say that! I personally was far happier when MB signed rather than MS but both didnt real hit the mark. As i posted earlier, hopefully MS can pull his finger out and happily prove me wrong :rolleyes:

If GJ has differences then so be it, but he is the manager! He shouldnt have to change his views for a small few to make them happy.

Archived