IGNORED

Intresting Stats

chowie

Have done a quick spreadsheet, this has given me a chance to see a few stats (after a few things where running through my head :@ so I had to do it). I found this one to be quite interesting, it involves all english teams, the lower the score the better. I'll leave it to see if you lot figure out how city finish this high in the table.

1. Manchester Utd - 3

2. Arsenal - 4

3. Chelsea - 6

4. Liverpool - 6

5. Tottenham Hotspur - 10

6. Bristol City - 10

7. Aston Villa - 12

8. Newcastle Utd - 13

9. Wolves - 13

10. Everton - 14

11. Sheffield Utd - 15

12. Middlesbrough - 16

The Sags are 72nd on 43 & Stockport County are bottom on 63.

Swindon are not lower than Stockport? I know they finished 3rd bottom of League 2 but in the past 10 seasons Swindon have been in the Premiership (I think they were still there in 96, might be wrong), yet Stockport have only been as high as mid-table in what is now the Championship.

I think Swindon were only in the Premiership for one maybe two seasons. Definately not in 96 though.

I think Swindon were only in the Premiership for one maybe two seasons. Definately not in 96 though.

Ok fair enough it all adds up now :blush:

MK Dons soon to be bottom :D

Swindon are not lower than Stockport? I know they finished 3rd bottom of League 2 but in the past 10 seasons Swindon have been in the Premiership (I think they were still there in 96, might be wrong), yet Stockport have only been as high as mid-table in what is now the Championship.

Stockport finished 8th in Champonship 97/98 and like you say 3rd bottom this year. Swindon were in the prem in 93/94, Time flies.

Very good. Got me thinking anyway.

Did we really finish bottom? My mind tries to balnk these things out, but we have been relegated twice in that time - bottom each time? And just to equally befuddle some others, can you post the full table. Surely MKD must be very close to the bottom (if you take in to account Wimbledon's record).

Or should MK Dons be ommited and Wimbledons record only be shown?

As is usually the case with 'stats', there is always several ways to interpret them to make you look good or bad.

For example, Man U are top of the league because they can't really go any higher and their score is about as good as it gets. There's really no point in measuring consistency unless you are near the top of the heap, for who wants to be consistently average?

Our score simply shows how we have lacked direction and ambition and have remained static for 10 years.

The scores between us and Man U are, in reality, chalk and cheese.

The results would have been far more significant if there were pos and neg numbers to show overall progress. Using that philosophy, our score would be -10 because we are now lower than our highest finishing position in the last 10 years.

What about teams that have made large improvements in their league position (eg Wigan)? They would still be near the bottom of your league!

:dunno:

Good post, totaly agree, thats why I did this because we have been so static, it is a consistency league so wigan are near the bottom but would climb in the future. We cannot change ours next season (unless we finish lower than 19th). After Middlesbrough come Leyton Orient, Sunderland, Norwich, Darlington, Rochdale.

Bottom upwards is Stockport, Fulham, Oxford, Wigan, Cardiff, MK Dons, Grimsby, Sheff Wed.

I did this to find out where we stand in the league postion over the last 10 seasons, which like I said was 47th (to see if there where gaps between divisions), I was then able to work out the differences between highest position and lowest position to come up with this league.

Still it made it all worth while to find Rovers bottom of the heap over 5 seasons, so their form from the last five seasons is the worst in League 2 (without teams that have come up and down from non league).

Not to much sun :cool: more like total crap on TV.

Archived