IGNORED

Henry Versus Ronaldinho

mozo

Arguably the world's two best players are meeting on the biggest stage, but who d'ya thinks winning the face to face?

Henry should have done better with the one on one, but had a crackin shot saved shortly after. He looks sharp.

Arsenal winning thanks to Sol Campbell (for anyone currently on the moon and not able to watch it)

from a free kick that was debatable to say the least :doh:

from a free kick that was debatable to say the least :doh:

The referee has single-handedly constructed a farce of a first falf in my mind.

The goal came from a dive. The red card should never have been. Barca should be 1-0 up with two full-strength teams.

How a referee can have so little commonsense, I'll never know.

The goal came from a dive. The red card should never have been. Barca should be 1-0 up with two full-strength teams.

Quite right; would imagine Arsen would be pretty miffed if it was the other way around :doh:

Lehman tripped him up - he took his ankle! He was the last man, of course he had to go! It was a professional foul, a blatant straight red!

Umm, and I want Arsenal to win, incidentally. I just know a foul when I see one...

Quite right; would imagine Arsen would be pretty miffed if it was the other way around :doh:

As has been touched on by the analysts, everyday punters have forked out big money for a fair contest. The ref robbed them of that.

There was a professional foul, but as it did not prevent the goal being scored, commonsense dictates that the goal should be given without a red card.

Lehman tripped him up - he took his ankle! He was the last man, of course he had to go! It was a professional foul, a blatant straight red!

Umm, and I want Arsenal to win, incidentally. I just know a foul when I see one...

True he did trip him, looked like a dive from some angles but from close-up he definately caught the front of his ankle and while he may have made the most of it, there is no doubt it was a penalty/red card if the goal wasn't given.

I'm failing to see the villification of the ref here.

He blew up as soon as the foul occured and sent Lehmann off for a professional foul.

There was a clear, obvious and instant advantage.

The advantage is always preferable to disciplinary action.

Goals are always preferable to red cards.

The decision marred the game.

There was a clear, obvious and instant advantage.

The advantage is always preferable to disciplinary action.

Goals are always preferable to red cards.

The decision marred the game.

The rule states it is a red if a clear goal scoring opportunity is denied.

Guily tapped the ball in 1 second later, therefore how is a goal scoring opportunity denied? Same applies when you get a penalty and a red card, if you have a free shot from 12 yards that is as clear a goal scoring opportunity as you get.

Hope this ref is'nt in the world cup

what i can't understand is with all the german, italian (ok maybe not) french, scottish, portugues ref in the game,. why get a ref from the poxy Norway league? surely they should have got someone from experience of a decent league to ref the biggest game in club football!

shocking uefa!

what i can't understand is with all the german, italian (ok maybe not) french, scottish, portugues ref in the game,. why get a ref from the poxy Norway league? surely they should have got someone from experience of a decent league to ref the biggest game in club football!

shocking uefa!

I agree. I wont have any of this "sharing it around" crap. It's the biggest game in club football involving Europe two best teams (sort of) and it's only natural that the best referee should be put in charge.

Interesting that the ref admitted his error.

Crap Ref

I think he should be locked up for 10 yrs min.

What he did was commit a crime worthy of punishment, this would also be a lesson to other refs to get it ###### right!

Ronaldinho is full of tricks yes, but he is noway near Rooney, Henry or Gerrard on pure football ability..not even close, but becuase he's Brazilian and plays for Barca :yawn::yawn: etc.. he can do tricks blah ! :grr:

I think he should be locked up for 10 yrs min.

What he did was commit a crime worthy of punishment, this would also be a lesson to other refs to get it ###### right!

Ronaldinho is full of tricks yes, but he is noway near Rooney, Henry or Gerrard on pure football ability..not even close, but becuase he's Brazilian and plays for Barca :yawn::yawn: etc.. he can do tricks blah ! :grr:

Not sure I agree with that. If I had to pick three footballers who I would pay silly money to watch above all others then Henry (who makes the game look embarassingly easy), Ronadinho (full of tricks and has amazing touch and vision) and Rooney (explosive talent with fantastic touch) would win hands down.

If he was only full of tricks he would be doing what Mr Woo does, going round grounds at halftime acting like a clown. Agree with Greebo that Rooney, Henry and Ronaldinho are the 3 best in the world.

So you say he has no football ability, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRx_Q8ZBVzE

Its not often you see Madrid fans applauding a Barcelona goal against them

Archived