IGNORED

Htv Highlights

brady bunch

I am grateful for them showing the game and I know its hard to fit a 90 game into 15 minutes, but the editing I think was poor and seemed to reflect a lack of footballing knowledge by what was excluded and included.

From the highlights Tommy Doc was mainly see losing or giving the ball away - where in reality he was a clear MOM and made some great tackles (none of which were shown)

The highlight of the game for me after the goal, was Tony Butlers little bit of magic on the ball where he tricked his way past two attackers and made time and space for himself - got one of the biggest cheers of the day - but totally missing from the HTV highlights.

Instead we get to see a few meaningless high ball crosses into the box - many of which could scarely be classed as goalmouth action.

I may be biased, but they must have shown every Wrexham attack, where in reality we encamped for long periods in their half.

In conclusion, if I had only watched the "highlights". I would have been left wondoring how on earth Tommy got MOM and that Wexham gave us a good run for our money and it was "anyones game".

Hardly how I saw it in the flesh and a certain Denis Smith seemed to agree with me!

Well most TV companys just show crosses, missed chances and missed opportunities other than the goals when they show highlights.

I just figure that a highlight to these tv companys isnt a part of the game that deserved to be shown but more about goals, chances, misses, fouls, cards etc

Not the way it should be, but it is the way it is

I may be biased, but they must have shown every Wrexham attack, where in reality we encamped for long periods in their half.

The main website says that we had 48% possesion against their 52% !!??!!

I don't know how these figures are worked out but it's not the game I watched. :cool:

The main website says that we had 48% possesion against their 52% !!??!!

Hmm, thats not the way i saw it either. Sure they had posession sometimes, and in the final 15 mins they were all over us....but i dont think we had 48%!!

Guest city slicker 71

Yes, and who did Jed Pitman play for? The way he rabbited on would have thought in his day he would have eaten up the half chances that came our way! Yes another poo performance.

Very weird highlights, showed more Wrexham shots than City shots, and most annoyingly showed periods of the game where NOTHING of interest happened. Grateful for the coverage but it was a bit messy, they had nearly 24 hours to knock 5 minutes of footage together, plenty of time in this modern world.

Hmm, thats not the way i saw it either. Sure they had posession sometimes, and in the final 15 mins they were all over us....but i dont think we had 48%!!

And it said they had four shots on target, and I can't remember Phillips making a save.

So apparently they do have some modern technology, cos they were able to tell that shots hitting defenders were on or off target! :cool:

the coverage was cr*p, they must have been at a different game. Too much time spent showing very little happening and missed loads of City action. Even allowing for my own bias, they were still too biased the other way.

still not a lot we can do about it, just gotta put up with it I guess.

One of the questions to Steve/Colin is about BCFC coverage and producing more videos with manager or players providing some comments - maybe this is a good way forward :cool:

One of the questions to Steve/Colin is about BCFC coverage and producing more videos with manager or players providing some comments - maybe this is a good way forward  :cool:

Why didn't I think of that?? :o

Maybe they could trial the manager/players commentary on BCFC World. If this goes well they could produce a video/DVD of one of the games for general purchase.

I would think that recording the managers/players words while they watch a video of the game shouldn't be too technically difficult. A DVD/video version might be more challenging?

Yes, and who did Jed Pitman play for?  The way he rabbited on would have thought in his day he would have eaten up the half chances that came our way! Yes another poo performance.

Fair shout city slicker 71. I didn't see the HTV lowlights but I saw the game with my own eyes. Bristol's zidermen did well to contain a pretty tricky Wrexham side especially in the last 15 minutes - it was a good team effort. Wrexham looked to be a difficult side to play against and I think they'll sneak a play-off place as a result. :cool:

Up the City

Archived