IGNORED

Fifa Vs Pes + Fm2005 Vs The New Cm?

Guest Spike

Yes another football computer game thread but I was wondering which copy of which game you will be buying?

Round 1: The next Fifa instalment or the next PES?

Round 2: Football Manager 2005 or the next Championship Manager?

Round 1:

For me I don't even need to think this through much. Fifa lost all of it's apeal after I owned it for a week and the only thing that kept me interested in it that long was the fact that it had Bristol City in it.

The Names:

Fifa does boast all the real names and real kits and badges of the teams but I honestly couldnt care less because the name means nothing when you see a player such as Christian Roberts running through in a one on one situation only to notice he has long black hair and resembles the local mosher who lives in number 35. Pro Evolution Soccer may not have the real names but in PES3 when you see the players you know exactly who they are without the name having to be read which is far better.

There is also the fact Fifa dumped its create a player in 2004 so you had no option to correct anything whereas Pro Evolution Soccer allows you to change almost every aspect of your team including names, looks, tactics, position editing etc etc

The competitions:

Fifa actually has the edge here IMO. It has all the real cups and leagues making the game much more life like and entertaining to sit through.

PES only has a few competitions but in all fairness the Master League is the best competition I've played in on a football game.... fifa just has more variety.

The gameplay:

This is where Fifa dies a horrible death. Fifa has a bad flaw that you can score so easily from certain positions no matter how bad your player is whereas on PES the players abilities do affect the chances of you scoring alot more and there are very few "goal spots" and none that I have noticed on the higher difficulty settings.

Also fifas passing game just doesnt feel right... the new off the ball function is very original but it seems to be 70% of the game aswell... like if you are 4-1 down and get 3 corners the chances are you can pull off a draw which defeats any interest in playing.

PES on the other hand has kept it simple but has got the option to play more difficult and acurate passes e.g to cross you need just press circle BUT you can aim for the far post by holding down L1 and hitting circle or double tapping circle for a near post cross..... this is also occompanied by how long you hold circle for.

There are so many small bits and pieces I could point out but after playing all of the PES games and playing fifa since the first game came out I think PES is still by far the better game...

ok I got so carried away there Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.

Round 2: Football Manager vs The New Championship Manager

I dont know if anything has been anounced about the new CM but after seeing how well SI Games have done with Championship Manager in the past and playing such amazing games I'd say the chances are I probably wont even consider the new CM seeing as SI are now working on Football Manager.

I've seen the stuff posted about Football Manager 2005 and the screenshots just look like a new CM but the whole gameplay sounds so much better than the last CM's.

I'm actually wondering if anyone is going to buy Championship manager at all to be honest.

So whats your views?

1. PES 4 Probably end up buying winning11 8 before it comes out though!

2. Neither. The management aspects of pro evo are ample! Master league is untouchable! Still play it now, won everything more than once, just in search of the perfect team but Figo and Thuram will NOT join my team :D No matter how ridiculous the offer! :me?:

Answer 2 to question 2 PES4 With any luck will be online compatible!!!! leaving very little room for CM

Archived