IGNORED

Mate Coming Over From Australia............

BS5_RED

I've got an Aussie mate who is visiting England for ten days in early July. Stupidly, I agreed to be some sort of tour guide.

I reckon I can string out a few days with the World Cup (thank God he likes football), obvious London stuff and Bristol drinking.

However, he's doing a geographic science PHD so wants to have a look at "pommy" countryside. This is where I fall down..........

So for I've got Cheddar Gorge, Cornwall and Stonehenge! (Rubbish I know)

Can anyone help and come up with some better ideas?

Also, when I sent him a list of Bristol pubs he said he would like to go to the John Cabot (yes THAT one) as it "looked traditional". (gulp) Reckon I'll just take him to the Lions - sure a heavy Aussie accent would go down a stormer in there................. :englandsmile4wf:

Cheers Drives!

I would buy one of those circular walks books. I have one and they are pretty good for a day out. They normally take in a few sites of interest and finish at a good country pub.

Walk West by Geoff Mullet is very good.

Symonds Yat.

Symond's Yat, haven't been there for years. Have they still got that swinging metal bridge down below?

Me and my brothers always used to petrify our parents by going to the very edge of the cliff and pretending to fall off, only there was a ledge a few feet below they couldn't see. Think it's fenced off now.

Great choloate toffee 'logs' in the old log cabin. :w00t:

Symond's Yat, haven't been there for years. Have they still got that swinging metal bridge down below?

Me and my brothers always used to petrify our parents by going to the very edge of the cliff and pretending to fall off, only there was a ledge a few feet below they couldn't see. Think it's fenced off now.

Dunno, aint been there fer years meself. Still do the raft racing I beleive

Went there on a day trip when I was on school camp 4 years ago. Can't remember seeing one .... although if there was, I doubt we'd be allowed on it anyway!

Or if you wanted to be very silly....Weston super mud?

You can shut up, better than smelly, chav-ridden, contstant-traffic-jam Bristol... <_<

Take him to Luke Wilkshire's house :)

Thanks for the info fella's. At least I've got some idea of what to do (outside of getting him drunk).

Outside of the geographic wunderland that is England, I've got the following truely English/Bristolian activities planned.

Gl*s/Somerset 20/20 game

Corrie Tap for cider drinking

The Cottage pub (if the weather picks up)

A proper curry (The curries I had in Adelaide were shocking)

Bristolian Lessons

Teaching of City Songs

A trip to Weston Super Mud on the train (good shout Dolly!!)

Bristol City Centre circa 1am on a Saturday night

A trip to AG (maybe - bot sure if there is much point in the summer)

A trip to Bath to give wrong directions to American Tourists

Anything I've missed?!?

I was there at the weekend for a stag do. We went past a few metal bridges and some swings and a zip wire across the water.

It's a good place to go to for the geological sites of interets.

I would buy one of those circular walks books. I have one and they are pretty good for a day out. They normally take in a few sites of interest and finish at a good country pub.

Walk West by Geoff Mullet is very good.

:w00t:

There's a bloke called Geoff Mullet, thats ####in hilarious have been in stitches about that. Might change my name actually...

No no in real life I mean! Ed-Geoff Mullet

It's got a ring to it. Although I quite like Ed Mullet, it's like the opposite to a paradox...

Strangly, I've made up a song about this Geoff Mullet dude, the other people in the office seem to like it so we could well be on.

I've got an Aussie mate who is visiting England for ten days in early July. Stupidly, I agreed to be some sort of tour guide.

I reckon I can string out a few days with the World Cup (thank God he likes football), obvious London stuff and Bristol drinking.

However, he's doing a geographic science PHD so wants to have a look at "pommy" countryside. This is where I fall down..........

So for I've got Cheddar Gorge, Cornwall and Stonehenge! (Rubbish I know)

Can anyone help and come up with some better ideas?

Also, when I sent him a list of Bristol pubs he said he would like to go to the John Cabot (yes THAT one) as it "looked traditional". (gulp) Reckon I'll just take him to the Lions - sure a heavy Aussie accent would go down a stormer in there................. :englandsmile4wf:

Cheers Drives!

If you go to London take him to Lords to see the Ashes :englandsmile4wf:

If you go to London take him to Lords to see the Ashes :englandsmile4wf:

Great shout! ... but, still take him to Wilts on the way to Lords, then you can check out Avebury, Lacock and the Caen Hill locks on the Kennet-Avon canal all of which are just as impressive as Stonehenge ... oh, and there's the Crofton beam engine (further East on the same canal), another wonder of Britain's industrial archaeology.

Archived