IGNORED

Why Can't Stewart Score?

mozo

One of the most convincing arguments put forward by his fans on here was that he got a distinct lack of quality service .

When he went on loan to a high-performing Championship side many believed that he'd score a hatful and put Gary Johnson to shame. He didn't.

So does that argument still hold water?

It seems crazy to me that we're blaming his two managers at this club thus far, and his fellow team-mates, for his lack of goals. No other player has been let off the hook like this.

If he isn't a target man, aerial threat, poacher or able to score goals out of nothing then what is he?? A man who relies on open goals?

He's not rubbish by any stretch, and I've consistently said that I want him to succeed here, but I worry that we're inventing excuses for him.

Guest Cary Grant supported City

Why Can't Stewart Score?

I'm sure that there is some minger in the centre of Bristol, who would give him a good time for a alco pop or two!!.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

One of the most convincing arguments put forward by his fans on here was that he got a distinct lack of quality service .

When he went on loan to a high-performing Championship side many believed that he'd score a hatful and put Gary Johnson to shame. He didn't.

So does that argument still hold water?

It seems crazy to me that we're blaming his two managers at this club thus far, and his fellow team-mates, for his lack of goals. No other player has been let off the hook like this.

If he isn't a target man, aerial threat, poacher or able to score goals out of nothing then what is he?? A man who relies on open goals?

He's not rubbish by any stretch, and I've consistently said that I want him to succeed here, but I worry that we're inventing excuses for him.

Stewart is clearly a confidence player, i believe if he had the right backing from manager and fans alike he would take his chance! I think both manager and player should learn from bad experiences last season. Stewart has scored goals at the highest level, there is know reason why he cant at a low level. Give the players a good pre season training (hard) and just maybe we might get something back. I firmly believe he can and will score goals for us, giving a chance.

Stewart is clearly a confidence player, i believe if he had the right backing from manager and fans alike he would take his chance!

As much as I believe that confidence is crucial with strikers, I find it hard to get my head round him arriving with no self-belief and continuing thus for a whole season. I dunno?

Given a run in the side I think Stewart will score. He got 5 in 16 starts in the league for us this season which isn't that bad, and that was when the team as a whole was crap.

I don't think the fact that he didn't score at Preston (a step up after not being started for 3 months) means he can't score for us next season.

However - we won't know because GJ's not going to play him. I expect he'll end up on loan at Cheltenham something with us still paying his wages.

Given a run in the side I think Stewart will score. He got 5 in 16 starts in the league for us this season which isn't that bad, and that was when the team as a whole was crap.

I don't think the fact that he didn't score at Preston (a step up after not being started for 3 months) means he can't score for us next season.

However - we won't know because GJ's not going to play him. I expect he'll end up on loan at Cheltenham something with us still paying his wages.

I know you're a staunch supporter of Stewart's Nibor, but after his ineffective loan spell even you must have some doubts.

I'm inclined to think that Gary Johnson has a fairly strong case for not picking Stewie, whether it's the right decision or not.

I know you're a staunch supporter of Stewart's Nibor, but after his ineffective loan spell even you must have some doubts.

I'm inclined to think that Gary Johnson has a fairly strong case for not picking Stewie, whether it's the right decision or not.

I'm not a fairly staunch supporter of Stewart, I'm a fairly staunch supporter of Bristol City. I argued strongly for Stewart to play earlier in the season because frankly playing Savage over him was ludicrous.

I think he could get goals for us next season, but I'm not bothered whether he plays or not so long as we don't have a completely ineffective player in the team instead. I've said countless times we should sign a young quick goalscorer to play alongside Brooker.

GJ does have a fairly strong case for not picking Stewart but it's largely of his own making. I can only assume that the club have effectively written off his wages for the next season because we're going to end up paying them regardless. I just think we should attempt to get some sort of value for money, and that the manager and player should make an attempt to sort out whatever differences they have for the good of the club.

Ineffective loan spell? Measured by goals maybe, but a wider perspective would be, one of the brightest young managers outside of the Premiership who already has guided a club to a higher achievement level in our division than G.J. chose to make use of one of our resources.That the task was way ahead of our level indicated that he felt Stewart had something to offer, and indeed he "made use" of him at every opportunity when available.

Preston no doubt had the capability to recruit dozens of alternative strikers,even strikers with just one goal to their name.

Let us be in no doubt his footballing talent is not in question especially at our lowly level.He could easily grab 20 goals next season,but who for only one man can answer.

Archived