IGNORED

Thompson Of Yeovil

Coin-op

I remember a while back when Gary Johnson was first appointed a story on the main site about Gary's former assistant at Yeovil (Thompson?). The story was along the lines of Johnson saying that if Yeovil do not make Thompson their manager then he would bring him to Bristol City.

Now that Thompson has been demoted to coach do you think Johnson would pursue this any further? I suppose there is the fact that he has already got an assistant in Millen which could complicate things. Could this be the other 'surprise' signing from Yeovil?

I remember a while back when Gary Johnson was first appointed a story on the main site about Gary's former assistant at Yeovil (Thompson?). The story was along the lines of Johnson saying that if Yeovil do not make Thompson their manager then he would bring him to Bristol City.

Now that Thompson has been demoted to coach do you think Johnson would pursue this any further? I suppose there is the fact that he has already got an assistant in Millen which could complicate things. Could this be the other 'surprise' signing from Yeovil?

I still think GJ looks at KM as part of the old set up and wouldnt hesitate in moving him out to get Thompson in.

Its a cruel thing perhaps but if GJ thinks its for the best then he will.

:englandsmile4wf:

Wont be long, I really think Thompson will become a Red, in some shape or form. Millen has done a job, and is an old friend of GJ, but Thompson is his old mucker, and our Somerset buddies have to all respects shown him the door, cant see Garry letting that happen to his former number 2, and not doing something to get them back together as a formidable twosome!

:englandsmile4wf:

I still think GJ looks at KM as part of the old set up and wouldnt hesitate in moving him out to get Thompson in.

Its a cruel thing perhaps but if GJ thinks its for the best then he will.

I'm not sure that Johnson would get rid of Millen - yet another contract to be "paid up" but if he wants Thompson on the staff badly enough I'm sure the club could be creative and find a new role for Millen or create one for Thompson.

Millen can't win, can he?

First of all, it's his fault when Tinnion screws up and then, when GJ turns it around.........after a roller coaster (well, it made me happy at first.....then sick!! :laugh:) first thirteen games, it's nothing do with him. :disapointed2se:

Like my old mum used to say, "the bloke can't do right for doing wrong!"

Oh and before anybody else says it, no she didn't know anything about football and never met Millen :D

Think I'd rather put the cash towards a player, and it might be a little 'undermining' of Millen's position.

I don't think it very likely that bringing in Thompson would limit what we have available for signings. It's only undermining if it's not handled right, if it is handled right it's an astute strengthening of an already strong coaching staff ;)

Archived