IGNORED

Brooker Linked To Norwich...........again.......old News Really!

bh_red

http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=6617

Bristol City ace set for Canaries switch?

24-05-2006 14:57

Bristol City skipper Steve Brooker has been linked with a summer switch to Championship outfit Norwich City.

The striker has had an excellent season for the Robins, scoring 16 goals and helping them to within a whisker of the League One play-offs.

Although Bristol City are looking to mount a genuine title challenge next season, Brooker has admitted he is tempted to try his hand at a higher level.

Norwich are thought to be monitoring developments, and could well make a bid if the 25-year-old expresses an interest in quitting Ashton Gate.

I'd be very surprised if big Dunc moved from Lancashire.

As for Brooker, I unintentionally started that. I was at an away game oop north in January and came across a Gent resplendent in a Norwich jacket. I enquired as to whomhe was watching and he replied "there's only one striker worth watching". Now that could have been Bas, or one of the oppo!

Errr What is crazy with a high quality striker being looked at by Clubs in a Higher Division? Have a look at the Top Scorers list - Of those on it, Sharp, McLeod and Brooker look the best bets to move up to the Championship. Exactly the same as we are looking for good players from lower divisions.

Archived