IGNORED

Optimism

sparkyboy72

Now with our newest edition of James McCombe along with Phil Jevons, my optimism is building momentum.

with the obvious hard work that GJ and the scouting team have been putting in i can only hope that any further signings we make have all been scouted for a similar amont of time as JM.

Signing a Lincoln City defender was a bit of a surprise as like many other City fans i was'nt expecting someone from div 4 to sign, so it's really got me tinking to who could be next.

I'm not quite sure of the transfer figure what was paid for JM it's rumoured at £55,000, which if JM is as good as what the LC fans have been saying could well be a very good bit of buisiness for the club.

I'm waiting with baited breath as who could be next on GJ's shopping list, Any idea's??????

I'm not going to let my optomism build too much this season. Every year for the last 7 seasons I've thought "This is our year. Surely we must go up this season".

I've promised myself I won't let myself believe we're going up until we're actually there this time. I don't care if we sign Ronaldinho and Rooney, we're not going to finish any higher than 3rd, and then we'll lose 6-0 on aggregate in the play offs to someone like Oldham.

I'm not going to let my optomism build too much this season. Every year for the last 7 seasons I've thought "This is our year. Surely we must go up this season".

I've promised myself I won't let myself believe we're going up until we're actually there this time. I don't care if we sign Ronaldinho and Rooney, we're not going to finish any higher than 3rd, and then we'll lose 6-0 on aggregate in the play offs to someone like Oldham.

Totally agree with you there, been optimistic for god knows how many years last season more so and look what happened there. Will say though signs are looking good though and looking forward to season ahead - oops does that count as being optimistic bugger

• Admin

"They are early favourites to secure the League One title next season"

According to http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s261/st97102.htm?fromrss=1

Pressure's already on. It's hard not to get optimistic, it has definatly been a good week for us, just so long as Lansdowne doesn't start saying "Judge me on GJ"

He doesn't need to, we'll judge him on him anyway!

"They are early favourites to secure the League One title next season"

According to http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s261/st97102.htm?fromrss=1

Pressure's already on. It's hard not to get optimistic, it has definatly been a good week for us, just so long as Lansdowne doesn't start saying "Judge me on GJ"

Just looked at the link, is level pegged for player of the season, there is four players included. He has 50% of the votes, one other player has 50% so the other two....... :rofl2br:

Looks like another promising signing from Gary, lets hope he can take the momentum of last season into the new 06/07 season :city:

Forget the final league position. I am optimistic that this year we will see a bit of decent football (the first since Wilson's penultimate season when we scored over 100 goals). Wilson's last season saw us play defensively (trying to do a Wigan) for the most part - often including the awful sight of passing the ball around at the back 45 times and then giving the ball away the first time we tried to knock it forward. Tinnion's reign had the odd decent performance but was mainly littered with dreadful and aimless long hopeful punt football (think back to the start of the season when we had 30 odd percent possession against MK Dons), the way Port Vale battered us and the "cave-in's" away from home.

And Johnson for the most part of this season decided to adopt a cautious strategy which meant our full backs and midfield were told to hold their positions rather than bomb forward. It was only when we had the necessary points on the board that we started to play with more freedom and this showed in improved performances at the end of the season. The first 45 minutes at Southend was one of the most one-sided affairs I have witnessed in ages - they could not get near us. Leaving our finishing to one side, it really was just like watching Brazil (slight exaggeration but you know what I mean)!!!

Nowt wrong with optimism, I'm bloody excited.

Expectancy is the dangerous state of mind.

My other emotion right now is frustration that I've got to wait for the new season! I want to see the nes signings bed in, plus I'm intrigued by players like Williams and Wilson.

Now with our newest edition of James McCombe along with Phil Jevons, my optimism is building momentum.

with the obvious hard work that GJ and the scouting team have been putting in i can only hope that any further signings we make have all been scouted for a similar amont of time as JM.

Signing a Lincoln City defender was a bit of a surprise as like many other City fans i was'nt expecting someone from div 4 to sign, so it's really got me tinking to who could be next.

I'm not quite sure of the transfer figure what was paid for JM it's rumoured at £55,000, which if JM is as good as what the LC fans have been saying could well be a very good bit of buisiness for the club.

I'm waiting with baited breath as who could be next on GJ's shopping list, Any idea's??????

You must be quite young !

Us old ones have had optimism for many seasons to no avail.

Don't only look at who we sign - look at who other clubs sign.

We will improve our squad over the summer but so will everyone else.

The winners will be the manager with the best judgement on player recruitment - not one of GJ's strong points on past record.

Last year we ALL thought Stewart and Bridges were guarantees to promotion - even the bookies !!

Look what happened !

Get optimistic at Christmas but NOT BEFORE !

I'm more than happy to try some hard working, decent prospects, for too many seasons now we've had the hype of signing overpaid, underachieving, egotistical journeymen, GJ's approach is a breath of fresh air.

Totally agree with that. Just had a look Jevos goals for Yeovil. He may be hard-working but he's a quality finisher too - either foot, with his head, inside and outside the box and from set plays too! Interesting to see how many pens Yeovil got too. If GK can get our midfielder attacking into the area - I'm sure Cotts and Noble have more to offer there - I'm sure we'll get a few more next year. Can't wait for the new season especially once the squad have a full GJ pre-season under their belt!

Archived