IGNORED

World Cup Sweepstakes

TinnionForEngland

Anybody done one at work or college or in the pub etc?

I did mine in college today, there's 10 of us, we picked three teams each, all put 3 quid in and the winner gets 30 smackers once we know who has the most successful side, sounds confusing but we have figured a way of sorting it out.

I picked mine 3 sides and...well.......

First Pick: Angola

Second Pick: Trinidad and Tobago...

And when i was just about to hand my money over before the thing even starts... :laugh:

I pull Germany :whistle:

Would hate to see them win the final even for £30!

So has anyone done a sweepstake or any bets?

I got a £10 on England to win and a £5 on Holland. I also got £5 on Rooney to be top scorer but i think ive lost that bet already.

Holland's an interesting one, a lad from College was delighted to pull them and perhaps he was right to be, after all it's no fun predicting Brazil, and not worth alot, probably wouldn't even get odds on them, whereas Holland is a much more exciting bet.

I got T+T and Germany, got to be fairly pleased with the Germans although only from a business sense obviously.

Tempted to go put a bet on T+T remeeting England in the final, not really.

Cant understand why the official b.c.f.c. one is not sold out yet hang your heads in shame :angry:

I think a 1/32 chance at a tenner a pop isn't really worth it.

In my local we've got 32 sealed envelopes each with a team written inside of it.

You pay 20 quid and sign across the seal of the envelope.

Then on World Cup Final night, all the envelopes are opened.

£300 to the winner

£150 to the runner up

£50 for nationality of golden boot winner

£40 to worst team in tournament

and we're donating £100 to a local charity.

I bet I get someone rubbish

We did a sweepstake in school, £2 each and the winner gets £64. I picked out Ukraine and the Argies :pinch: I got £2 on USA as well 100/1. If England don't get to the final - USA, USA, USA. :farmer: They won't get through their group though I doubt - Italy and Czech Republic :(

Archived