IGNORED

John Gorman

cidercity1987

Relieved of his duties by Wycombe.

For those who don't know, this has been a terrible story. A young Wycombe player (Mark Philo) died in a car crash, closely followed by the death of Gorman's wife Myra, from cancer. He took compassionate leave, but it seems he still can't cope.

Wycombe were top and all set for promotion before all this happened, but fell away quickly and lost in the play off semis.

All the best to John Gorman, so sad.

from his time at Swindon, with us, England and Wycombe, he's always struck me as a top bloke,

gutted for him that these things in his life have happened when he was starting to carve a management career of his own, can't imagine how the bloke feels,

it's always a utter sickener (understatement) when things like this happen in your personal life, even more so when other things in life are going so well.

football takes a back seat in times like these, it makes you remember how irrevevant it actually is

from his time at Swindon, with us, England and Wycombe, he's always struck me as a top bloke,

gutted for him that these things in his life have happened when he was starting to carve a management career of his own, can't imagine how the bloke feels,

it's always a utter sickener (understatement) when things like this happen in your personal life, even more so when other things in life are going so well.

football takes a back seat in times like these, it makes you remember how irrevevant it actually is

i don't think anything else can be added to that, execpt my condolunces towards him and the family.

Relieved of his duties by Wycombe.

For those who don't know, this has been a terrible story. A young Wycombe player (Mark Philo) died in a car crash, closely followed by the death of Gorman's wife Myra, from cancer. He took compassionate leave, but it seems he still can't cope.

Wycombe were top and all set for promotion before all this happened, but fell away quickly and lost in the play off semis.

All the best to John Gorman, so sad.

Football is so un important when this S### happens.

John Gorman from all of us, total total respect mate

• Admin

It's unfortunate events like those mentioned that certainly puts things into perspective !

All those that have lost loved ones will know the pain a loss like that causes, time is good healer ,and memories can never be taken away.

But if John Gorman decides he wants back in the football business, lets hope he is blessed with happier times . .

It looks like Gorman didn't want to leave Wycombe but was relieved of his duties.

Talk about a kick in the teeth. Unbelievable treatment if true.

Rich, its sad, but its about that time when Wycombes season went to ratsheyte, and when you dip out on promotion....Wycombe need promotion as much as City do.

Understand he has gone to pieces as well, so they made a harsh decision. Not nice, but thats football. :(

i'm thinking such horrible cynical thoughts here...

I get the feeling that he was more 'pushed' from Wycombe than doing what can now be called the 'Dowie' :)

I get the feeling that he was more 'pushed' from Wycombe than doing what can now be called the 'Dowie' :)

Gorman himself has said he was not happy that he lost his job at Wycombe... Hopefully he can prove to them that he's capable of football management.

Archived