IGNORED

Bristol Boy .....

Cardy

pi$$ing down, no cricket and can't take the dog out :(

Just waiting to see Barnsley beat The Jacks so we can go to Swansea and win next season to banish the curse of the 7-1 :cool:

Come on Cheltenham.........then Reddy's in the bag!

I'm not really a Reddy fan. I prefer strikers who have a good scoring record and he hasn't really. What other attributes has he got ? Any ideas how much he would he cost us ?

I'm not really a Reddy fan. I prefer strikers who have a good scoring record and he hasn't really. What other attributes has he got ? Any ideas how much he would he cost us ?

Tall, quite quick for a big guy (6'2").Decent first touch and ball skill.Goal scoring record is OK, not fantastic.

One way or another we need cover/competition for Brooker and he fits the bill.

I reckon about £120/150k with a clause or two as is the norm these days.

Could happen even if Grimsby win.

If not then we could look at Beckett, Walker or Aggogo as the next striker to come in :dunno:

I think they were talking about 350k.

Can't see City paying anymore than around £200/250k in total fees this summer.

Unless any of the listed players move for decent money.

Another without any desire to sign Reddy. Not a great career record, done nothing since Christmas, and been on the bench during the playoffs. We can do better.

When it has been suggested on here that one of our players wants leave, there are many who say "we might as well let him go as his heart wont be in it" Maybe Reddy wanted to come here in January when we were making offers for him and it has affected his game?

I don't know enough about the guy to make a proper decision, but whoever GJ signs I would expect him to do a good job.

David Graham

5'10"

Record of 63 Goals in 167 Games 1:2.65 Games

Prolific at

Torquay 45 Goals in 98 Games

Huddsfld 9 Goals in 15 Games-last season.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael Reddy

6' 1" or 2" depending on the website :)

Record of 38 Goals in 116 Games:1:3

Grimsby:23 goals in 66 games 1:2.86 Games.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it depends on the character of the player and how well GJ thinks they will fit in with the other players and the style of play he adopts.

Graham - career average of less than 20 starts per season. Scored the majority of his goals at league two level in a promotion side. Can't score in the championship, only ever scored well in this division once.

Reddy - career average of less than 20 starts per season. Only ever scored at a decent rate in the bottom league in a promotion chasing side. Failed to score at anything like a decent rate in this division in several loan spells.

Neither of these players are reliable at this level and neither look capable of making a step up.

Billy Sharp

Age 20

Height 5"9

32 goals in 55 games (league) = 1 goal per 1.71 games

including 23 in 35 this season in this league in a mediocre at best team.

Would likely cost around double what Reddy would - 300-400k.

I know who I'd pick.

• Admin

Graham - career average of less than 20 starts per season. Scored the majority of his goals at league two level in a promotion side. Can't score in the championship, only ever scored well in this division once.

Reddy - career average of less than 20 starts per season. Only ever scored at a decent rate in the bottom league in a promotion chasing side. Failed to score at anything like a decent rate in this division in several loan spells.

Neither of these players are reliable at this level and neither look capable of making a step up.

Billy Sharp

Age 20

Height 5"9

I know who I'd pick.

To be fair to Graham, Wigan did utilise him on the left wing when he was with them in the Championship.

Billy Sharp

Age 20

Height 5"9

I know who I'd pick.

Yes so do I but:

a.Is he under contract or available?

b.Have we got £3-400k?

He's under contract hence the need for a transfer fee?

According to you we bid 350k for Reddy in January so obviously we do...

We made an offer that totaled £300k with clauses-A similar one was made for Hayter but Reddy was always GJ's No 1 Target.

Having seen Reddys goals on Sky, I wouldn't mind seeing him here, but, as with all players, the initial price has to be right for what is, after all, a Div 4 Striker in old money, so, for me, £150k max, plus some add ons for promotion & goals.

He's under contract hence the need for a transfer fee?

According to you we bid 350k for Reddy in January so obviously we do...

S****horpe will not be selling their biggest asset for £350k. They bought him for £100k just a season ago, and with the "League 1 top scorer" under his belt (despite being injured for over a month of the season) it'll be more like £600k+

S****horpe will not be selling their biggest asset for £350k. They bought him for £100k just a season ago, and with the "League 1 top scorer" under his belt (despite being injured for over a month of the season) it'll be more like £600k+

I think those days are pretty much gone for strikers at this level and it depends how long he's under contract for and how much the player wants the move.

Don't get me wrong, I rate Sharp & Keogh and would like them both, but unless we get some big new investment and quick, I can't see it happening.

I think those days are pretty much gone for strikers at this level and it depends how long he's under contract for and how much the player wants the move.

Don't get me wrong, I rate Sharp & Keogh and would like them both, but unless we get some big new investment and quick, I can't see it happening.

Watch this space.

As SL just announced two more directors about to join ship, and if its who i think it is they got loads

Watch this space.

As SL just announced two more directors about to join ship, and if its who i think it is they got loads

In that case........and I hope you're right and you're talking MILLIONS, then Neil Danns is available, although being tracked by about ten Championship clubs.

Now, that would be exciting :cool:

We made an offer that totaled £300k with clauses-A similar one was made for Hayter but Reddy was always GJ's No 1 Target.

Having seen Reddys goals on Sky, I wouldn't mind seeing him here, but, as with all players, the initial price has to be right for what is, after all, a Div 4 Striker in old money, so, for me, £150k max, plus some add ons for promotion & goals.

If you're going to pay £150k for Reddy on the strength of one passable season in the bottom division out of 8 or 9, then you might as well put up a bit extra and get someone in with real quality.

Paying money for Reddy would be a waste in my opinion. We'll never see the money back and he hasn't scored consistently at this level.

Rubbish. 3-400k with a bonus if we get promoted would get him here. He may even have a release clause in his contract. Look at what decent strikers have been going for recently... Tyson for example. You never know until you try anyway.

Scunny ain't flush, and they're unlikely to progress, we get double their gates so getting the player to want to come should be easy.

Archived