IGNORED

Grimsby Staying In League 2

Ben4BCFC

It would seem unlikely that GJ's interest has cooled so much that he wont at least make an enquiry, whether he is still top of his list is another question. A lot happens in 4 months.

Saw his goals on Sky as a prelude to todays game and there was some quality stuff there.Depends on who else is available and the fee.

Idont think Reddy is the type of player we want, he seemed to be to heavy on his feet when trying to run. He does not look anything special or with anything that could improve our team. If SB was to leave then he could be a target man. But i think the kind of money it would cost to get him, we could use it for a midfield fighter or a left sided player.IMO

Idont think Reddy is the type of player we want, he seemed to be to heavy on his feet when trying to run. He does not look anything special or with anything that could improve our team. If SB was to leave then he could be a target man. But i think the kind of money it would cost to get him, we could use it for a midfield fighter or a left sided player.IMO

Fair point - I don't particularly want him to be honest, I just made this topic as alot of people either want him and we are interested - I would much rather another striker who can get us 20+goals a season and IMO I don't think he will. And again I agree with your left sided player comment.

I cant say ive seen too much of him but from his goals hes scored and what the commentators were saying he seems to have pace. He got in behind the defenders alot this season(by the goals shown on sky) and i feel he can be a valuble member of our squad. Seems to have pace, strength and the ability to put the ball in the Net!

If anyone is judging him by his performance today don't.

He's coming off an injury and is very unfit.

Under a Johnson like regime we would see him at his best.

Whether that's good enough i don't know.

So does this mean that Michael Reddy is going to sign for us now Grimsby have failed to get promotion to league 1?

I missed the challenge that saw him come off injured but does anyone who has seen him play think hes going to be good enough for this league?

Think this one's been done :)

We win so much ball in midfield that we don't know what to do with it, so I can't see why a midfield fighter is needed-Now a creative, goal scorer & passer and a wide left player, yes.

The point everyone misses is that if Brookers injured we don't have another target man at the club and Brooker will only play about 36 games a season, based on his previous record, so we need a replacement and that isn't Cotterill, Stewart or Jevons.

No. I don't think he is good enough.

Quite slow, lazy, poor goalscoring record in past few months and in career in general.

He's not been playing all that often because he's been injured for the last 6-8 weeks.

If anyone is judging him by his performance today don't.

He's coming off an injury and is very unfit.

Under a Johnson like regime we would see him at his best.

Whether that's good enough i don't know.

i hope we don't sign him does'nt score enough for me, 250k was talked about in jan window, surely s****horpe striker sharp is a better bet and would cost about the same.

i hope we don't sign him does'nt score enough for me, 250k was talked about in jan window, surely s****horpe striker sharp is a better bet and would cost about the same.

People need to get real about price tags.

A guy who's 20 and scores 23 league goals in 37 games apparently costs £250k while we want £750k to £1mill for Steve Brooker who scored 16 in 38 games.

Lita went for one million so why on earth isn't Billy Sharp worth the same?

Out of our price range i'm afraid by a long shot.

People need to get real about price tags.

A guy who's 20 and scores 23 league goals in 37 games apparently costs £250k while we want £750k to £1mill for Steve Brooker who scored 16 in 38 games.

Lita went for one million so why on earth isn't Billy Sharp worth the same?

Out of our price range i'm afraid by a long shot.

Interesting point, but generally speaking, many clubs like S****horpe can't afford to turn down 250k for a player, whereas we can due to our higher gates, and so we are able to hold out for a lot more.

I still don't think Billy Sharp would be available for 250k, but I think for anything 400k+ S****horpe would have to sell. Whether we have that money or not is another question though. I'd personally go for Beckett. Oldham had an 85k bid accepted a while back. I'm sure we can match that.

We spoke to a Grimsby fan at yesterdays game and after we said that we weren't very impressed with the way he played, they were keen to point out that he is no where near full fitness and can play a lot better.

One of them had also seen McCombe play for Lincoln a few times this season (as Grimsby and Lincoln met in the play-offs) and he could not speak highly enough of the lad.

Sounds like in McCombe, we've bagged ourselves a VERY astute signing...

Archived