IGNORED

Jason Brown

Evy11_BCFC

Brown To Leave On Free

Gillingham keeper Jason Brown has resigned himself to leaving the League One outfit this summer.

The 24-year-old's deal expires at the end of June and The Gills have opted against offering fresh terms.

Brown, who made this Wales debut at the weekend, has interest in his services and the shot-stopper is keen to sort out his future.

"I can do without this contract problem hanging over me," said Brown. "But that's football.

"The club have had their chance because I have been talking to them for a while but they haven't really come up with anything.

"I am a free agent from July 1, and my agent is talking to one or two other clubs."

Definately worth a look at. Young, a Welsh international and on a free transfer. Why Not?

Your thoughts?

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.

It'd be a great signing.

I've been winding up a Gills mate at uni about this all the time.

He said that Brown basically kept them up this year and he'd be absolutely gutted if he went.

Might cost alot in terms of wages for a keeper though but on a free i don't see better about.

Come on Cotts tap him up!!!

Mmm interesting, do we think he would come here though?

He's allways been one people said to look out for, but has not reached his potential at Gills.

I would expect a Champ team to come in for him, making his Welsh debut an all, 24 is still young for a keeper, and he has plenty of 1st team experiance.

Would love it if we signed him, we do need a keeper too, has to be worth a sniff at least? :)

I would be very happy if we signed him, for me he is a better goalkeeper than Basso and could be a number one for years to come. Basso is good but Jason Brown has been one of the best young keepers in the league, i cannot believe they aren't offering him a new deal.

No way is Brown better than Basso! He'd be adequate back up but nothing more! I saw him home and away last season and looks quite dodgy. His kicking is worse than Basso and definitely prone to dropping a few crosses.

Gillingham aren't stupid. They'd offer him a new deal if they thought he was good.

No thanks. :city:

Archived