IGNORED

Steve Cotterill On Billy Sharp

Mikenoski

This article that is on Skysports mentions Billy Sharp and Cotterill seems to have revealed what S****horpes asking price may be.

Burnley manager Steve Cotterill has dismissed claims that he is ready to join Portsmouth.

Cotterill was linked with a move to South Coast as assistant to Harry Redknapp.

However, Cotterill - who has four years left on his current deal at Turf Moor - has rebuffed claims he was set to leave Burnley.

"I will not be going to Portsmouth as number two to Harry," he told the club's website.

"He is a good friend of mine, but that's as far as it goes."

Meanwhile, Cotterill has also denied claims that he close to buying S****horpe striker Billy Sharp.

"In relation to Billy Sharp, someone is being very active promoting him," he added.

"But if I had £300,000 to spend I would have spent it by now."

Ive never seen the guy play, not even highlights.... I only know of him because he scored a decent amount of goals last year and because he's been mentioned on here a few times.

Assuming that he is as good as the hype £300K has got to be good business if thats what we were willing to pay for Reddy?

Ive never seen the guy play, not even highlights.... I only know of him because he scored a decent amount of goals last year and because he's been mentioned on here a few times.

Assuming that he is as good as the hype £300K has got to be good business if thats what we were willing to pay for Reddy?

Yes, definitely. Sharp vs Reddy would be no contest. 1 is young, high scoring in a poor team in a better division. The other is at best a journeyman, who hasn't scored many since Xmas in a team that was on fire in a worse division.

But perhaps Johnson doesn't think we need a small pacey striker like Sharp. Reddy will give us more aerial threat if that's what GJ wants.

Sharp is a goal poacher style player, with Keogh being the legs of the partnership. Good finisher and the pair of them looked the best strike force at the CG last season - and S****hopre were a good passing side, probably best I saw all season for pure technique, just not strong enough.

If Burnely are being touted I'd reckon his agent is after a move up the league rather than another League 1 club. £300k would be a bit of a snip though.

Reddy would be a waste of £300k if that is the price you are being quoted. Fairly good player, good on the ball with a bit of pace but his record suggests he isn't an out and out goalscorer and he did look a bit lightweight when on loan with us for a few games and again when I've seen Grimsby play this past season.

if we could get him for that price then it'd be a steal.

it has to be a contract clause. they wouldn't naturally sell him for that much.

still if he's being touted to championship clubs then there's not much hope anyway...

Yes, definitely. Sharp vs Reddy would be no contest. 1 is young, high scoring in a poor team in a better division. The other is at best a journeyman, who hasn't scored many since Xmas in a team that was on fire in a worse division.

But perhaps Johnson doesn't think we need a small pacey striker like Sharp. Reddy will give us more aerial threat if that's what GJ wants.

2 small & pacey strikers scored nearly as many as Brooker & Lita did for us 2 seasons ago. With the passing game we have at the moment and the lack of natural wide players I don't think height need be a main priority up front personally :)

if we could get him for that price then it'd be a steal.

it has to be a contract clause. they wouldn't naturally sell him for that much.

still if he's being touted to championship clubs then there's not much hope anyway...

Jevons could have gone to the championship as well, but chose City!

Yeah but that's involve moving, uncertainty over a manager and no guarentees over football playing time which he has here. :city:

It made sense to come here from Yeovil. :farmer:

It doesn't for Billy to come when he can go up a league, most likely to play and have the bonus of moving away from S****horpe. :dance:

Apparently Sharp is too arrogant to move to City, wants a quick-fix to the Championship.

Apparently Sharp is too arrogant to move to City, wants a quick-fix to the Championship.

Where on earth did you hear that? He moved down from a club that was on the verge of promotion to the Prem to S****HORPE in order to prove himself. The last thing that says to me is arrogance.

Where on earth did you hear that? He moved down from a club that was on the verge of promotion to the Prem to S****HORPE in order to prove himself. The last thing that says to me is arrogance.

And he was rated so highly by that club that they sold him for a massive £100k :whistle:

And he was rated so highly by that club that they sold him for a massive £100k :whistle:

Not answering the question then?

If he was rated by Sheffield they wouldn't have let him go obviously... Did you know Newcastle once released Alan Shearer?

Archived