IGNORED

Shevchenko Signs For Chelsea

WesM

Chelsea have confirmed the signing of Andrei Shevchenko for a club record fee.

What with Ballack and Kalou already on board and Roberto Carlos coming, I think they may walk the premiership next season.

Quite frankly I can't see anyone stopping them at all, and they must soon surely be the best team in Europe. Would be good to see what the result is though for second and third places, as both Arsenal and Liverpool seemed to have hit a bit of form towards the end of the season, and could, and probably will push Man Utd for second place.

buying the league again. nice one abramovich. you've ruined english top flight football.

Another ridiculous statement. I think English top flight football is the most exciting it has been for a very long time. I think we will start to see Liverpool contend more as well which will give us a 4 horse race instead of the normal 2 that we had for too long.

Also, thanks to Mr Abramovich we will all now have the pleasure of watching one of the greatest footballers in the world on Match of the Day most weeks during the season.

I really don't understand why everyone hates Chelsea so much. Is it Jealousy? I'm inclined to think so.

I think it's a good thing, I'm very excited about the prospect of watching Shevchenko every week on MOTD he is in my opinion the third best striker in the world, all we need now is Ronaldinho to have the best players playing in the best league in the world.

I think it's fantastic that the Premiership has obtained one of Serie A's finest. Even though it's only for family reasons.

In regards to the season being wrapped up already... I wonder if that's what Real Madrid fans were saying a couple of years back when they were assembling the 'Galactico' team.

If they don't gel then they won't cruise it.

Surely that's that for Gudjonsson and Crespo?

buying the league again. nice one abramovich. you've ruined english top flight football.

Spot on, Eamer.

It's about time the FA stepped in and put an end to this fiasco, I don't mind seeing top quality player in the Premiership, i just don't like seeing them at Chelsea. :yawn:

Seriously though, it's a joke, becuase we know they are going to walk the league becuase they have bought all the best players in the world with filthy money (bloody money) scammed from the people of Russia.

I hope you feel dirty, Chelsea fans, you ###### should do. :@

Spot on, Eamer.

It's about time the FA stepped in and put an end to this fiasco, I don't mind seeing top quality player in the Premiership, i just don't like seeing them at Chelsea. :yawn:

Seriously though, it's a joke, becuase we know they are going to walk the league becuase they have bought all the best players in the world with filthy money (bloody money) scammed from the people of Russia.

I hope you feel dirty, Chelsea fans, you ###### should do. :@

:w00t:

How much was Van Nistelrooy? Or Rooney? Or Veron? Or Ferdinand? Or Ronaldo? Or Saha?

Man Ure have been spending cash like water for years, you're just upset that you can't do it as well as Mourinho.

Want some cheese to go with that whine?

:w00t:

How much was Van Nistelrooy? Or Rooney? Or Veron? Or Ferdinand? Or Ronaldo? Or Saha?

Man Ure have been spending cash like water for years, you're just upset that you can't do it as well as Mourinho.

Want some cheese to go with that whine?

A few quid they cost, 100m?

Anyways, thats beside the point. Manchester Utd are run as a sucessful business aswell as a sucessful football club.

This means they were able to gererate the funds to buy these players from their own merits

Chelsea, in stark contrast were a club riddled in debt before RA stepped in, they were going nowhere.

But now they have Russia's nest egg to abuse how they see fit, frankly it's disguesting.

A few quid they cost, 100m?

Anyways, thats beside the point. Manchester Utd are run as a sucessful business aswell as a sucessful football club.

This means they were able to gererate the funds to buy these players from their own merits

Chelsea, in stark contrast were a club riddled in debt before RA stepped in, they were going nowhere.

But now they have Russia's nest egg to abuse how they see fit, frankly it's disguesting.

Yeah right...

Man U floated, and spent money from the city. They exploited merchandising in the far east and spent that.

Chelski didn't. Their chairman spend his own cash.

That doesn't make Chelsea worse and Man Ure better, there's no real difference - it wasn't gate money that bought the players in either case. You weren't complaining when your lot did it I'll wager.

As for debt riddled - who's debt riddled now? Glaziers still over half a billion in hooky paying for Man Ure.

Take your red tinted Man Ure spectacles off for a moment and stop taking your frustration at knowing you're not going to win anything meaningful in the next five years out on Chelsea. :P

Yeah right...

Man U floated, and spent money from the city. They exploited merchandising in the far east and spent that.

Chelski didn't. Their chairman spend his own cash.

That doesn't make Chelsea worse and Man Ure better, there's no real difference - it wasn't gate money that bought the players in either case. You weren't complaining when your lot did it I'll wager.

As for debt riddled - who's debt riddled now? Glaziers still over half a billion in hooky paying for Man Ure.

Take your red tinted Man Ure spectacles off for a moment and stop taking your frustration at knowing you're not going to win anything meaningful in the next five years out on Chelsea. :P

:laugh: OK, Nibor your right i suppose, yeah i'm gutted, gutted i can't even put an honest wager on the Premiership winner again....hmmmz what odds will Chelsea have now? It's not worth betting at all. :(

Jury is still out on the Glaziers, Malcolm is really ill though :crying:

Although with Rooney anything is possible, and Chelsea don't have Gerrard either, hah.

We'll see who has the best team next season :yawn: Chelsea might have all the stars, but having them sat on the bench wont help the team atmosphire.....i hope. :pray:

:laugh: OK, Nibor your right i suppose, yeah i'm gutted, gutted i can't even put an honest wager on the Premiership winner again....hmmmz what odds will Chelsea have now? It's not worth betting at all. :(

Jury is still out on the Glaziers, Malcolm is really ill though :crying:

Although with Rooney anything is possible, and Chelsea don't have Gerrard either, hah.

We'll see who has the best team next season :yawn: Chelsea might have all the stars, but having them sat on the bench wont help the team atmosphire.....i hope. :pray:

When you look at Man U and Liverpool's squads they're not that far off really.

What both of those clubs need to do is instead of signing a number of players, spend more on less - bring in one or two real world class players not 4 or 5 average B grade internationals.

Rumour has it Fergie is watching Aimar who'd be a decent buy but they still need a Keane replacement.

Liverpool need to get a proper striker.

Fergie's after Ribery too he'll be class. I hate Manure but do what them to do well because it becomes so boring when teams like Chealsea monopolise. I'm also hoping Spurs can continue their form.

I like what Spurs are doing with mixing young British talent with an experienced world class pro like Davids. Jol seems to be doing an excellent job, and I think with a bit more down the left side they'll be up there for sure.

Unfortunately, the Premiership is becoming a clone of the Scottish Premier League, except that for most seasons the SPL has two clubs that can win it, not one! Paddy Power paid winning bets on the Premiership last season in September - that, surely, is an embarrassment to our league. I have seen Chelsea quoted at 4/9 by some bookmakers - again an embarrassment to the efforts of the rest.

The Premier League is a four tier competion and to be fair many games are as dull as dishwater. Who is going to get off their fat arse and rush down to the pub to watch Aston Villa snatch a last minute draw at Charlton? Two teams with few Englishmen in site playing boring "avoid defeat at all costs" football and full of two bob foreign imports who are struggling to get into their own national sides - and we have the best league in the world?

Makes you glad that lower division football is shown on Sky!!

Archived