IGNORED

Two New Board Members

eric04

Just had a official text - Colin S & Roger Pearce are directors.

Keith Dawe becomes vice chairman of Bristol City Holdings Ltd.

Well thats really made me run round the up the road "naked" Tom, with a City scarf to cover my embarassment!!!!!!

Whats that all about?

Neither got any money to push the club on.

Pearce is the finance guy, thats about it, and Sexton has only been here couple seasons and has more cricket knowledge than football.

don't want to be rude to the two of them, but just cant see the point.

Other clubs take men on who invest millions, us, well there you go!

Really pointless move as far as I'm concerned.

Well thats really made me run round the up the road "naked" Tom, with a City scarf to cover my embarassment!!!!!!

Whats that all about?

Pearce is the finance guy, thats about it, and Sexton has only been here couple seasons and has more cricket knowledge than football.

What we need is a really well run club, with a team both in front and behind the scenes to take us forward, so that somebody will come forward with money. It is naive to think anyone will come in just for potential purposes, that happens one in a hundred.

As for it being a pointless move to appont two extra directors, that doesn't really show a great depth of knowledge.

Scene 1.

Director 1....Let's sack him

Director 2.....No

Director 1.....Oh...err...umm...what do we do next??

Scene 2

Director 1.....Let's sack him

Director 2.....No

Directors 3 & 4...Flipping right we should

Director 2...Oh...err...ok then...

That's why two people tring to run anything can struggle to work...look at the divorce rate!

As I said, let's have the club run properly, which is certainly where it appears to be going, and then pray for our Russian...

:englandsmile4wf:

Whats that all about?

If there were potential directors with "millions" to invest i would think SL would welcome them on board but none have come forward - This is a move to promote Sexstone & Pearce to become board members so they have more empowerment to run the club (ie) they won't have to refer to "the Board" when they need to take decision (within limits of course). I think SL wants to share around the responsibility for running the club - so he can spend more time on his day job - and I guess he believes these two have proved themselves ready to step up.

This move is about running the business........not about more investment, that's a separate thing and as SL has always said if anyone wants to pump money in ...Give me a call

But unfortunately the phone hasn't rung.

Watford, Barnsley (+ Southend & Colchester), and Cheltenham have proved that promotion is not about the money, but about good management.

I think we've got that in Johnson & SL and his board team.

i read somewhere that a Board member director has to allegedly stump-up a £1 million per year. I think that was in the EP. But having said that ... it's a bloody good idea to get more people in - two directors was never enough. I suppose it's a bit of a downer if any of you were expecting someone with a spare chunk of change to invest, but I'm not sure I'd want that anyway.

There is someone who has year on year out given millions to this club without fail and is not represented at all on BCFC's board. Those you need most have the least say and to really add salt to the wound Lansdown has appointed employees to the board one of which is already loathed by many.

Onwards and upwards chaps.

Just had a official text - Colin S & Roger Pearce are directors.

Keith Dawe becomes vice chairman of Bristol City Holdings Ltd.

I got that text. I'm in KL so it will have cost me a bleedin fortune :ranting: It gets my goat when they send out boardroom musical chairs textxs, that is not the sort of news I signed up for, what do I care? If it was "Roman Abramovitch buys City" that would be different. As it is, I wish they'd restrict it to TEAM news. Rant over

Just read it.

http://www.bristolcityst.org.uk/trust_news...cle000105.shtml

Cracking read and nail hit firmly on head?

Not really..contrary to all popular belief, a board of directors is in place to make corporate decisions based on the expertise they bring to the job, not on how much they bring to the table financially.

Therefore, whether they bring money is not important to the role, only the image. Do you think Roman makes decisions on who does the catering at Stamford Bridge? Or do you rekon he has people to do it for him?

Not really..contrary to all popular belief, a board of directors is in place to make corporate decisions based on the expertise they bring to the job, not on how much they bring to the table financially.

Therefore, whether they bring money is not important to the role, only the image. Do you think Roman makes decisions on who does the catering at Stamford Bridge? Or do you rekon he has people to do it for him?

What you say is certainly correct however it would be nice to have someone involved in the decision making processes that might offer a dissenting voice. All those added to the board were already involved in running the club, so what benefit does the club get from their presence there?

I'd have preferred to see one or two total outsiders with relevant experience invited onto the board even if they didn't invest, but I suspect SL didn't think about that. The inescapable conclusion for me is that there was noone willing to stump up a bunch of cash so he appointed those two just to be seen to be doing something.

Archived