IGNORED

Crazy

cidercity1987

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...sea/5043096.stm

So United are getting £12m for what exactly?

For getting a contract of on of the most talented 19YO players in the game.

It's pathetic all this money Chelsea are throwing around. I really hope he's a flop, but I guess it'll only be a small problem for Abramovich.

Teams have been buying the league for years so what's wrong with Chelsea doing it?

Quicker he disappears the better as far as I'm concerned.

Why do you hope he fails? It's a kids career. Admittedly he's come out of this v badly but still it's harsh.

Are United paying Lynn anything for the player? Hardly seems fair that United are getting £12m while Lynn are only getting £4m.

Man U must be pretty pleased with themselves for gaining £12m for not really doing anything.

Although I would feel sorry for the player if he flopped, it'd be funny to watch Chelsea lose out (even in a small way). Having said that I have no respect for a player who wants to play for Chelsea. Totally wrong career move imo. He hasn't got a chance of being near the first team for a few years yet.

Other teams have not bought the league as such, they've used their own revenue, good management and a sucessful youth policy to win trophies. The way Chelsea are going about it is obscene. Half the players they sign are only to stop other teams getting the players and have no intention of playing them. For example, Wright-Phillips wrecked his World Cup dream by moving to Chelsea for a vastly inflated price.

It's far from a level playing field and, to me, it's just not right that Chelsea can monopolise everything just because some random Russian chose to chuck all his money at them.

But then, I guess I'm just jealous because I'm an Arsenal fan at heart. :blush:

what about Blackburn? if they don't constitute buying the league then...

Chelsea are paying because they're completely in the wrong on this issue.

If they didn't cough up then it's pretty certain (as the standard punishment) they would've had a transfer embargo which means no Ballack/Sheva etc. Spending money is what Chelsea have to do to stay on top so an embargo isn't worth to them the 16mill they've paid to stop one. The Lynn fee is the one Utd agreed with them so they made Chelsea pay it! Good on them. Utd get the money because Obi was their player under contract.

You can't blame Chelsea for signing squad players like SWP. He was greedy. But as Mourinho points out if players do well they stay in the team. SWP didn't. It's also probably the wrong move for JMO football wise but he's now set for life at 19.

BTW have fun being thrown out of the champions league. Are Man Utd the cleanest club at the top of the table now?

Mikel is a victim of his own agent, he own greed and that nasty peice of crap Kenyon.

Kenyon also jepordized Arjen Robben and Damian Duffs proposed move to Manu just before he moved to Chelsea.

Add Ronaldinhio to that as well. Kenyon sums up all that is wrong with football. Vile, smug little man.

Guest Eamer

I hope the kid fails badly aswell. He signed with Man Utd and should respect that contract. If he didn't want to go there he didn't have to sign. Chelsea came in too late for him and then he changed his mind. Little ######.

Archived