IGNORED

Anyway Of Tracing A Private Number?

bcfc_4_life

• Admin
Hey i just wondered if anyone knows if its possible to track a private number or stop them from calling, everytime they call me its always some lifeless idiot threatening me and stuff like that, any ideas what i can do to stop it? :(

Your phone company should be able to advise you.

Hey i just wondered if anyone knows if its possible to track a private number or stop them from calling, everytime they call me its always some lifeless idiot threatening me and stuff like that, any ideas what i can do to stop it? :(

Mental innit, I wonder how they pick people. Just little kiddies I bet, what do they say??

Mental innit, I wonder how they pick people. Just little kiddies I bet, what do they say??

It aint a lil kid it sounded like a middle aged guy, they said something like they know where i live and got my phone numbers and one of these days they gona shot a whole in my head:(

It aint a lil kid it sounded like a middle aged guy, they said something like they know where i live and got my phone numbers and one of these days they gona shot a whole in my head:(

That'll teach you fo coming on here and defending Bas Savage!

Mate, firstly don't worry. Secondly call the phone company for advice. Then come back on here to advise me how to deal with the situation!

That'll teach you fo coming on here and defending Bas Savage!

Mate, firstly don't worry. Secondly call the phone company for advice. Then come back on here to advise me how to deal with the situation!

i am worrying though, badly too, i tryed calling phone company but they cant do anything cept tell me to change my number, and not only that i just found some other bad news aswell oh what a day :(

BT have a "malicious calls" unit, will give you advice. They can block numbers, even those with number witheld. Give the Operator Services a call and explain.

I had the problem of some lunatics phoning at 3 and 4 in the morning, was traced to someone living nearby who thought it funny to give the Vicar a hard time. They were threatened with disconnection by BT and stopped.

BT have a "malicious calls" unit, will give you advice. They can block numbers, even those with number witheld. Give the Operator Services a call and explain.

I had the problem of some lunatics phoning at 3 and 4 in the morning, was traced to someone living nearby who thought it funny to give the Vicar a hard time. They were threatened with disconnection by BT and stopped.

I take it you marched over there and threw a holy brick through their window!

:farmer:

My sister was being harassed by an ex boyfriend who was threatening her life, and she rang her mobile phone company Orange, and they told her to get in touch with the police. Rang the police, and once they had heard one of these calls ( she recorded it) they contacted orange and they stopped the number being able to ring her.

Trust me there is a way of helping you trace it. Even if you don't get the number yourself, they can do it. Might be they will block all calls coming to your phone who withhold their number.

My sister was being harassed by an ex boyfriend who was threatening her life, and she rang her mobile phone company Orange, and they told her to get in touch with the police. Rang the police, and once they had heard one of these calls ( she recorded it) they contacted orange and they stopped the number being able to ring her.

Trust me there is a way of helping you trace it. Even if you don't get the number yourself, they can do it. Might be they will block all calls coming to your phone who withhold their number.

Thanks for that dollymarie, il leave it for now see if they call back then if they do il get in touch with the police, but knowing the police round here nothing will be done about it :doh:

Thanks for that dollymarie, il leave it for now see if they call back then if they do il get in touch with the police, but knowing the police round here nothing will be done about it :doh:

If I was in your situation I would record the events in a book of the date, time and what was said and then if it continues to happen you can present the police with some evidence to back you up. I company I worked for had to do a similar thing with an abusive temporary worker.

I also think recording is a good answer.

Dolly's right. Every call from every number is tracked, it's a legal requirement for them to do so - and in fact it wouldn't surprise me if most calls were recorded. If you can give the police dates and times then they can contact the phone company and get it blocked and investigate further.

The only things phone companies can't do are to give you the number if it was withheld, and they can't block it if it comes from a network that doesn't send the calling number (mainly abroad).

If you manage to get a recording, then the police will be more inclined to investigate, and if they get to the point where they can make an arrest leading to a caution or charge you'll be told the culprit's name and address. If you can't get a recording they'll just block it.

If it was the first time, it could of been one of those wind up calls?

I had a bloke call me up telling me how he knew I had been sleeping with his girlfriend and what he was going to do to me until I tried talking and got no response. So I started shouting, got no response again, started blowing raspberries and got no response again - so I put my phone on the coffee table - as the caller was obviously paying for the call!

Hope you sort it out...

Yeh i got that LOFB, infact, i've got it 3 or 4 times from different people, first time i poo'ed my pants, but after i knew it was a wind up so i just sing or something or just throw random abuse. I wouldnt worry mate, just record it in a log then report it if its happening alot.

Yeh could well be a windup, I did it to my mate once and he said he was ####ing himself for weeks, walking around looking over his shoulder and that. There are a lot of ####ers out there, don't worry about it

Archived