IGNORED

Agogo Will Go...go

mozo

Wake me up before you Agogo was the sentiment from that Gas boss on the radio. He reckons that whilst he'd like the striker at the club next season, their budget might force them to sell.

Back in the pre-January transfer window period there was people on here doing the whole 'watch this space, he'll join us' malarkey, but he never did.

Now it seems that he's going to go for a reasonable fee, is he worth a bid (if Brooker goes)?

Depending on the fee, I think I'd take him over Reddy at the moment. We'd have a big lump up front (Brooker :pray: ), a dependable goalscorer (Jevons) and then something a bit different with pace (Agogo).

I'd imagine Agogo is very hit and miss, and I'm not sure if that's the type of player GJ wants.

Wake me up before you Agogo was the sentiment from that Gas boss on the radio. He reckons that whilst he'd like the striker at the club next season, their budget might force them to sell.

Back in the pre-January transfer window period there was people on here doing the whole 'watch this space, he'll join us' malarkey, but he never did.

Now it seems that he's going to go for a reasonable fee, is he worth a bid (if Brooker goes)?

Wake me up when Gary's finished shopping?? Not as catchy granted but i cant keep tabs on whats going on, whos going where, whos coming here, who our targets are!!!!! :pinch:

I think he would be a pretty good bet. Scores important goals, pacy, reliable?? We have to keep Brooks though :( Might be a tough job but the board really have to turn down any offer and show they have top ambition for the forthcoming season to get us up to the next level!! And to do that we need Steveo!!!

He's not a GJ type of player, plays when he wants to and has an attitude.

The gas are doing their best to sell him IMO, that's the third or fourth time their manager's said he expects him to leave.

I don't think he's anything special even when he decides he wants to play.

He's not a GJ type of player, plays when he wants to and has an attitude.

The gas are doing their best to sell him IMO, that's the third or fourth time their manager's said he expects him to leave.

I don't think he's anything special even when he decides he wants to play.

To be fair to Agogo, he does play for the Gas - where's the motivation to try for that rabble?!

I think GJ would want to be sure in his own mind that JA would make the most of joining us, and I'm sure he's already put his mind to it since it's an obvious transfer target.

As someone pointed out above, add Agogo to Jevo and Brooks and you've got a potent trio.

I know a lot of fans on here will disagree with me but id have him. Hes by far Rovers best player. Without him Rovers arnt half the team they are with him. There's no doubting hes a very good player he probably won't score 20 goals at this level but I think he could get 15 odd and a lot of assists.

Also ive heard GJ is a bit of a fan of Agogo's.

To be fair to Agogo, he does play for the Gas - where's the motivation to try for that rabble?!

I think GJ would want to be sure in his own mind that JA would make the most of joining us, and I'm sure he's already put his mind to it since it's an obvious transfer target.

As someone pointed out above, add Agogo to Jevo and Brooks and you've got a potent trio.

I think gj would turn him into a player who plays for the club and not just for when he feels like it so i think he will be a good addtion to the squad.

• Admin
By all accounts moody, selfish, plays for himself, blows hot and cold, but for around 100k I reckon GJ can tame him and turn him into a good asset.

Why risk it, Tinnion & Johnson have made big strides in ridding the club of this type of player, I can't see GJ gambling with a senior player, who has a less than perfect attitude. It maybe worth trying to turnaround a young players career, but Agogo will be 27 by the time the season starts - too old for a leopard to change its spots??

I know a lot of fans on here will disagree with me but id have him. Hes by far Rovers best player. Without him Rovers arnt half the team they are with him. There's no doubting hes a very good player he probably won't score 20 goals at this level but I think he could get 15 odd and a lot of assists.

Also ive heard GJ is a bit of a fan of Agogo's.

yes,i agree. I think he would be a good signing even though he is a gas head. I would prefer to have him for the price rather than Reddy.

Archived