IGNORED

Pace Where Its Needed?

brady bunch

I made this point at the end of a thread, but thought it worth a new topic.

Before the sub's against Wrexham were used we only had one player with pace in the middle or up front (A Brown).

Both the starting forwards are slow (Miller & Peacock). Apart from Brown, the three other midfielders are all lacking in pace (Wilkshire, Doherty, Tinnion).

We had lots of pace warming the bench (Goodfellow, Lita, M Brown, Roberts).

This lack of pace was exposed on Saturday when on a number of occasions we won the ball in the middle of the park but were unable to counter attack quickly, the forwards ran their sock off, but never lookedbeating the Wrexham back line, we have the players in the squad to bring pace to the team but they are only being used late in games.

I strongly feel that even with eleven straight wins (boy does it feel good writing that!) we should add more pace from the start, particulary away from home were we play more on the back foot.

Picky I know!

fair points both,

I would not "drop" anyone, but I would rest Tinman, who looks quite jaded in recent games and put the Doc and Luke in the middle and have GoodFellow or Roberts starting on the right.

I nicked this formation from Bucksred on a different thread!

Also Miller and Pecock have not actually scored alot in our run, they have a few between them, but the goals have been contributed from all over the team, I would have no problems at all breaking up that partnership even after 11 straight wins. maybe even giving roberts or lita a start up front with Brown and Goodfellow on the wings, now that would be a team with pace and we would maybe win by more then the odd goal for a change.

I know I am being picky, but this is what the forum is about ! and lets be honest hell will freeze over before Wilson stops strting with both lee's up front.

lack of pace? not sure I'd agree. Seldom a problem and I think we have more pace in the starting 11 than many other teams in the Div and we have Goodfellow and Lita on the bench, Roberts waiting to get on the bench etc.

stick with what we have, maybe rest Tinman in last 30 mins if we need to and bring on Goodfellow.

I too like the Tommy/Luke centre midfield partnership, definately one for the future

Picking up on Miller/Peacock not scoring a lot, the biggest bonus during our run is the fact everyone is scoring goals, cos without them there would be no run.

Keep it up. also saying bout if it aint broke dont fix it, but subbing some of our midfielders Aaron/Goodfellow, Marvin/Robbo, Tins/Wilks, Doc/Joe, we might just keep a fresh midfield which has been the key to our run. Get the balls to our pacy :D strikers, keep the pressure mostly off our defence.

Come on you Reeeeeeeeds :me?::(:D:D

I agree with the if it's not broke, however, Goodfellow played a much bigger part than Luke in the fixing exercise and although I am totally against him playing on the right (as expressed in several threads), he should be ahead of Wilkshire in that position.

I would change the bench by putting Roberts back in, instead of Woodman. Bell can cover the left back slot and can play in an advanced role if required. Woodman has gone backwards compared to last season and his passing is getting more frustrating to witness than Matt "Toblerone" Hill :me?: (cue : why do you have to label players response).

Why we need two players on the bench who are prodominantly considered to be left backs when we could have another forward option or a right-sided midfield option from 1 player is beyond me at present. :D

Edit : before anybody goes on (yet again) that Roberts is not a midfielder; that's is where he has played for most of the season and is where he is currently played in the reserves.

Although his game Monday was far from impressive, I did witness 2 right midfield crosses put on a plate for 2 goals and at least 1 more cross which was crying out to be fired in the net. Surely some service from the right is better than none?

Guest Red_Rat

I always like being able to call to the bench players with pace

Say we are losing 2-1,we would need to have someone to change the game.

And pace is the perfect thing to change the game.

I think the flanks should ne full of pace,But not the whole midfield.

Archived