IGNORED

God's Next Army

mozo

"Ye are the salt of the Earth..."

Documentary on 4 about Patrick Henry college in the US, a breeding ground for highly politicised Christian fundamentalist mini-Dubya's.

They all sign a statement of behaviour to state that they won't booze, smoke or be lusty (man I'd fail so badly).

They get taught about the difference between good science and bad science :blink: .

There was a loverly moment when a student got a nod of approval from his teacher for pointing out that Christianity must be the best religion to follow because it was "one of the oldest religions"!! :dance:

They can't sing and look like a bunch of social outcasts, bless 'em. They're all very happy-clappy though.

Watching it I just wanted to go over there and take them to a drug-feulled night out at a stripclub.

Hey, I'm a sinner... :pray::pray::pray:

Anyone see it?

"Ye are the salt of the Earth..."

They all sign a statement of behaviour to state that they won't booze, smoke or be lusty (man I'd fail so badly).

Anyone see it?

No I missed it. was at a meeting to sort out a problem in the parish.... perhaps I should send my problem people to God's own country and be with the other like minded souls.

As for my vices, Mozo, I neither smoke nor drink. Best leave it at that, eh?

No I missed it. was at a meeting to sort out a problem in the parish.... perhaps I should send my problem people to God's own country and be with the other like minded souls.

As for my vices, Mozo, I neither smoke nor drink. Best leave it at that, eh?

Aah but like Adam and Eve couldn't resist the fruits of the garden of Eden, you yourself couldn't refuse a peek at my evil thread, this apple of forum distaste... :me?:

Nowt wrong with limiting your vices, that's just common sense. I just thought it was funny cos these kids all had to sign a declaration in assembly to promise not to do it.

I also found the political basis of their religious education a little strange. A major part of it was teaching them the rhetorical skills to argue against things that they believe in, whilst the were being fed some very flimsy ideals.

The USA is mental though innit.

Aah but like Adam and Eve couldn't resist the fruits of the garden of Eden, you yourself couldn't refuse a peek at my evil thread, this apple of forum distaste... :me?:

Nowt wrong with limiting your vices, that's just common sense. I just thought it was funny cos these kids all had to sign a declaration in assembly to promise not to do it.

I also found the political basis of their religious education a little strange. A major part of it was teaching them the rhetorical skills to argue against things that they believe in, whilst the were being fed some very flimsy ideals.

The USA is mental though innit.

I agree, the USA is seiously mental.

The last presidential campaign was fought on issues of abortion as well as economy / taxation. Can you see that happening here? Alistair Campbell once famously said "We don't do God", in the context of using or misusing the Almighty in the political arena, and I think that is rather sensible in many ways.

My faith does inform my ideas of justice and politics in the wider arena, but as there are people of faith in many political parties, who am I to claim that God is biased towards one political group or another?

I am interested in the idea of making kids sign up to limit their vices. The trouble is that when people name the prohibitions there are are always going to be those who'd give them a try out of curiosity!!!!!!

What scares me most, is that the college was teaching them to become politicians basically, and far far far right wing poilticians at that.

In 15 years time, America will be on a christian version of jihad, and were going to be stuck right in the middle!

In 15 years time, America will be on a christian version of jihad,

I think they already are

and were going to be stuck right in the middle!

We already are

I was in the States a few years ago on business and was at this dinner. Sat next to me was this idiot who started telling me that America and Americans had a God given duty to look after the rest of the World. Scarey stuff, but more so that they actually believe it !

I think they already are

We already are

I was in the States a few years ago on business and was at this dinner. Sat next to me was this idiot who started telling me that America and Americans had a God given duty to look after the rest of the World. Scarey stuff, but more so that they actually believe it !

i wouldnt say we are yet, at the moment its just iraq and oil. but in the future, its going to be any muslim state.

to be fair, i think ol tone has done ok in what is a very difficult job.

Guess thats what happens in a country where y'all can git married at 16, and they allow possesion of machine guns, rocket propelled grenades, and mortars, as a right!! :w00t:

Still better than a bearded fanatic hellbent on taking us to his "Paradise" of 12th century delights :whistle:

Still better than a bearded fanatic hellbent on taking us to his "Paradise" of 12th century delights :whistle:

No need to criticise david Blunkett like that, he does his best in very difficult circumstances

i wouldnt say we are yet, at the moment its just iraq and oil. but in the future, its going to be any muslim state.

to be fair, i think ol tone has done ok in what is a very difficult job.

Nah once the oil looses it's value in money they will move to the next most profiatable, and easily manipulated product - h 2 o. The muslim argument is just another scapegoat - I doubt that the people pulling the strings behind Bush give a funk about religion, to them it is the mighty mighty dollar and nowt else. Consolidation and control of economy. No more no less.

There was a loverly moment when a student got a nod of approval from his teacher for pointing out that Christianity must be the best religion to follow because it was "one of the oldest religions"!! :dance:

I actually did laugh out loud at that point

This is an incredibly insightful and worrying scary at the same time.

Great program.

But what do C4 follow it up with? Another bunch of social misfits, zealots and outcasts!

Hey..... Big Brother has been on for 'Season' after season (that's what they call series now don't they)

The current run of social misfits, zealots and outcasts is all you are going to get!

Archived