IGNORED

Dolman

bartolona

• Admin
At the Ground yesterday.

They are not being replaced but the club are well on with the Premier Club-Chairmans & Gold seating!!

Great news!! I don't want my wooden seat replaced, I prefer it to the uncomfortable, sweaty plastic ones. And for those who argue about the look of the stand, they could be painted or wood stained and if the team play well enough, there should be enough bums on seats to make the colour irrelevent.

I was wondering about this myself.

There was a football trust grant which would cover the cost of new seats and a new PA system for the ground.

CS stated it would only take 2 weeks from the point of getting awarded the grant, so its possible it could still happen.

If they were being replaced at the moment, don't you think we would have seen an advert on the main site something like this...

____________________________________________________________________________________________-

'Don't miss out, own a genuine part of Ashton Gate.

A nostalgic keepsake, buy your own wooden seat and keep it forever.

Think of all the matches you have enjoyed sat on your piece of history.

For a limited time only, available from your super sized club shop for £25, or £35 if you want a certificate of authenticity.

Special Platium packages are limited to the first 50 people and this includes the player of your choice signing the seat and special framed photo where he presents it to you, cost £100.

Phone now for details....

__________________________________________________________________________________________

:laugh:

• Admin
If they were being replaced at the moment, don't you think we would have seen an advert on the main site something like this...

____________________________________________________________________________________________-

'Don't miss out, own a genuine part of Ashton Gate.

A nostalgic keepsake, buy your own wooden seat and keep it forever.

Think of all the matches you have enjoyed sat on your piece of history.

For a limited time only, available from your super sized club shop for £25, or £35 if you want a certificate of authenticity.

Special Platium packages are limited to the first 50 people and this includes the player of your choice signing the seat and special framed photo where he presents it to you, cost £100.

Phone now for details....

__________________________________________________________________________________________

:laugh:

Are you on commission?? If they hadn't thought of it, watch it happen now..............

Are you on commission?? If they hadn't thought of it, watch it happen now..............

Sadly I'm not, but I can't believe the club will let a marketing opportunity go by. If they can sell bricks they can sell bits of wood!

I want to keep my wooden seat too, I'm happy to paint it. :)

I don't want my wooden seat replaced. We chose to sit where we did because we find them much more comfortable than the plastic ones.

But if they do replace them, I will want to buy mine and would be very disappointed if the club didn't offer me the chance to buy it. I'd much rather get the chance to do so for £25 than not get the chance and see it thrown on a skip. I've spent the best part of 25 years attached to that seat and am sentimentally attached to it. It's not just marketing by the club - it's giving some of us fans what we'd like.

• Admin

I don't want my wooden seat replaced. We chose to sit where we did because we find them much more comfortable than the plastic ones.

But if they do replace them, I will want to buy mine and would be very disappointed if the club didn't offer me the chance to buy it. I'd much rather get the chance to do so for £25 than not get the chance and see it thrown on a skip. I've spent the best part of 25 years attached to that seat and am sentimentally attached to it. It's not just marketing by the club - it's giving some of us fans what we'd like.

In all seriousness, the seats aren't complete individual items, the frames stretch along the row and the backs and tip up seat bases are bolted to them. If you were to buy anything, it would probably only be the wooden slats from the back and the tip up frame with wooden slats.

Would that be so appealing?

(Unless of course, you have an unfeasibly long lounge to put the whole row in :) )

I must admit although my suggestion was a bit tongue in cheek, the sight of those photos recently showing skips full of rubble and seats etc did upset me.

You're right, you do get attached to objects, I thought it was just me!

you do get attached to objects

That was an unfortunate incident and the hospital were able to remove it quickly. I'd appreciate it if you didn't mention it again.

As to the seats, well you'd need both metal struts and a saw to cut the wood. So it'd be fine provided the neighbouring fans didn't want their seat too! In ym case I think I'd be able to get away with it.

I was wondering about this myself.

There was a football trust grant which would cover the cost of new seats and a new PA system for the ground.

CS stated it would only take 2 weeks from the point of getting awarded the grant, so its possible it could still happen.

I think the FA grant is going towards a large stock of prawn sandwiches, which will go off very quickly due to the under-subscribed 'Premier Club'. :ranting:

BCAGFC

That was an unfortunate incident and the hospital were able to remove it quickly. I'd appreciate it if you didn't mention it again.

As to the seats, well you'd need both metal struts and a saw to cut the wood. So it'd be fine provided the neighbouring fans didn't want their seat too! In ym case I think I'd be able to get away with it.

Ok, you bring the saw, I'll bring the spanner. Meet you at the back of the Dolman. We'll get our seats out, no problem! :dance:

Archived