IGNORED

Freddie Adu

jimtastic

While watching the US game, I noted that the US squad doesn't contain Freddie Adu, who by my reckoning is late 16/early 17 years old by now.

If memory serves, he's not only superb in FM, but is also the highest paid footballer in the US (with a $1 million contract with Nike at the age of 14). So why's he not in the squad?!?

While watching the US game, I noted that the US squad doesn't contain Freddie Adu, who by my reckoning is late 16/early 17 years old by now.

If memory serves, he's not only superb in FM, but is also the highest paid footballer in the US (with a $1 million contract with Nike at the age of 14). So why's he not in the squad?!?

I agree on the game he is quality, I have him in my team and I have lost count how many hat tricks he has scored so far this season and I'm not even at Xmas yet. I remember reading somewhere that the feel he is to young to take him to a world cup. He is going to be one of the best players in the world one day and they don't want to burn him out.

Adu wants to move to England one day and guess what team he wants to go to? Yes Chelsea, But also said Man Utd would interest him.

he wont stay in mls long though as they have a cap on salary and it is very low.

actually Adu gets most of his money from Nike, who want him to play in the US. And this is the first season he is actually starting for his club team. He is still quite a ways off from being national team material and actually has been passed by another youngster (Micheal Bradley) in the pecking order of the NT.

Archived