IGNORED

Partridge

Betelgeuse

I was speaking to a Orient fan the other day (on another forum!) and he seems to think they've been linked with Partridge because they have sold 1 of their young defenders (Zakouani) for £1M. Seems like there could be some truth in it because Partridge is a London boy,Orient are in our division now and they got a bit of money so maybe it could happen! Not sure how much city would want for him though because we paid £150k last summer, I know we wont get that for him now!

They will have to wait for the outcome of the court case wont they? Then as far as a fee is concerned I agree we should pay them some compensation or at least his petrol costs to Leyton :D .

Why would they have to wait on the outcome of the court case.

He is very unlikley to get a custodial sentence for this offence, unless he has previous for such offences. If he did it would be pretty short.

Any contract would just need to reflect the possibility, it does not stop any deal being done.

He is very unlikley to get a custodial sentence for this offence, unless he has previous for such offences. If he did it would be pretty short.

Any contract would just need to reflect the possibility, it does not stop any deal being done.

I don't know the specific details so I will take what you say on face value. I was going by the stuff I have seen on here which seemed to suggest he was in bigger trouble.

Can i just add, for the benefit of any lawyers reading..........

of course a finding of not guilty negates any of the comments above. The comments are a reflection of court sentencing policy rather than anything relating to this particular case or MR PARTRIDGE.

With a healthy respect for libel and jurisprudence laws etc.... consider the use of the word "unless".

If something does come of his court case, e.g. prison, then do the club have the right to terminate his contract??

If either party can't fulfill their side of a contract and the contract makes no specific provisions for how that situation is to be handled, then it is considered broken.

Archived