IGNORED

The Most Predictable Rumour Ever

Rich-TWSC-

Get Phillips

14th June 2006

LEE Peacock has revealed friend and former teammate Steve Phillips is keen on a move to the County Ground and has urged Town’s new management team to snap him up.

Bristol City goalkeeper Steve Phillips has been placed on the transfer list at Ashton Gate after falling out of favour with Gary Johnson and Town striker Peacock is confident he could be a solution to their number one problems.

Peacock revealed he bumped into Phillips yesterday while on holiday in Majorca, where the City stopper told him he had asked his agent to try and sort out a move to the County Ground for him.

Rhys Evans’ move to Blackpool has left Town boss Dennis Wise without a keeper and Peacock believes Phillips would be the ‘ideal man’ to help earn an immediate return to League One.

He said: “Steve is staying at the same hotel as me and we have all been down to the beach together. He told me how his agent is going to be contacting Swindon to see whether they would be interested in taking him.

“He sounded as though he would love the move to happen and Swindon could do a lot worse than bringing him in as a replacement for Rhys.

“During my time at Bristol City, Steve hardly put a foot wrong. He was, in my opinion, one of the best keepers at that level and still is. I would love him to come and join me here.”

Phillips joined City in November 1996 from local non-league side Paulton Rovers and made his first team debut in December 1998.

A good shot stopper, Phillips had cemented his position as Ashton Gate as first choice until the arrival of Johnson just before Christmas.

Since then, Phillips has been left in the cold and placed on the transfer list, with City yet to receive any bids for him.

Peacock said: “He made the League One team of the year only a couple of seasons back. I don’t know who else Dennis Wise is lining up but for me there are not many better than Phillips.”

Peacock endured a frustrating end to last season through injury and admits a combination of Wise and Gus Poyet’s arrival and the World Cup has got him longing for next campaign.

He said: “I can’t wait. Hopefully Dennis Wise will bring in some good new signings and we will be ready for a good season.”

Right Here

Ideal move for him, could stay living in Bristol and link up with old friends! Interesting to see how much influence LeePea thinks he has with the new management?

Not sure if he thinks league 2 will be good enough for him, but if you don't have anyone challenging for his place I think he might like that. He must be getting concerned now that ,apparantly, no interest has been shown in him. His testimonial year hasn't quite gone to plan.

I think it's a realistic target for Swindon... However, Dennis Wise has been linked to his keeper at Millwall, Marshall.

I've seen quite a bit of Phillips... He wouldn't be an awful signing by a long way but I'd be suprised if Wise took the advice of Peacock just yet.

that will show real ambition for phillips to move to the

county ground. a big saftey net for him.

doesn't he think he's better than that?

I think Phillips could have gone on to bigger things around the time when he was in the Best XI in the 3rd tier. But he's formed and reputation dipped.

I think he's facing facts... Find a league team or disappear.

But it's Phillips who wants a move to the County Ground and not Swindon who want him, yet.

If Andy King was at the club he'd have signed already!

Rumour has it Wise will persuade Cudiccini to go to Swinedon.

yeah, because he will want to give up his rumoured 40k a week for sitting on the bench to play for swindon, more chance of Tinnion being next england manager!

make me laught there on say 2k a week and they go to majorca :laugh: and i bet he went in the karaokee bar

what's wrong with majorca? was only there last week for a short break? cheap and cheerful!

beside both of them have young kids, and we all know what a nightmare it is having babies on a plane so probably just a case of they didn't want to travel to far.

plus in majorca the women are............................easy....easy....easy! :Party27::Party27::Party27:

Archived