IGNORED

More Signings To Come

Mikenoski

Article from team talk:

The Robins this week acquired defender Fontaine from Premiership side Fulham after his successful loan spell at Ashton Gate last term, and completed the free transfer of striker Showunmi from Luton.

The pair became the third and fourth new arrivals following the signings of Phil Jevons and Jamie McCombe earlier this month but Johnson - who will continue his summer scouting mission at England's World Cup Group B clash against Trinidad & Tobago in Nuremberg this evening - is still looking to venture further into the transfer market.

"I'm very pleased with the signings I've been able to make and if the season started tomorrow I would be very happy with our squad, but ideally I would still like one or two more players," Johnson said. "We are in advanced negotiations with clubs over two other players and we hope to be able to announce those signings soon."

Meanwhile Johnson dropped a strong hint Marcus Stewart could leave the club this summer, adding: "I have bought Phil Jevons and Enoch Showunmi so I would expect him to be looking at other options."

i reckon thats just an excuse for him and SL to go to the game

Yeah, lucky barstewards! :whistle:

Given that Rougier couldn't get in the T&T squad, then they're likely to have a few players worth looking at as well. Probably all too good for this division though, I would have thought.

What he actually said was we would sign a keeper, and then there might be one or two more after they get back from latvia IF we manage to move on a couple of players.

"We are in advanced negotiations with clubs over two other players and we hope to be able to announce those signings soon."

:blink:

Archived