IGNORED

Enoch Showunmi

Harvey_BCFC

This is a quote from a Luton fan on another forum.

Has come out today in the Luton news from Newell saying that we offerd Enoch Showunmi a 3 year contract and Enoch was more than happy to sign it, then along comes Enoch's agent, you want my client to sign a new contract you have to pay me £50,000.

What the hell, why should we the club have to pay an agent £50,000 for a player we already own, what work did he do to deserve £50,000 (bloody hell Enoch probably earnt that as an annual salary at Luton)

And even if the agent wants paying for his player to stay at the club surley the player himself should have to pay him and not the club

It also seasm we will lose out on Danny Senda signing for us even though he is happy with the terms we have offerd because his agent wants £25,000 for him to move to Luton.

I myself don't see the points in players outside top flight having agents, what do they actually do, it's not like top players who they have to sort out their personal appearnces etc all they do is get in way of contracts and then demand money off the club from them.

So yer watch out this summer, that free signing might not be as free as you think it is, first being Bristol City who have paid £50,000 to Enoch Showunmi's agent for him

He can't be that bad if Luton were offering a contract :dunno:

He can't be that bad if Luton were offering a contract :dunno:

I'd be surprised and very dismayed if we're paying money to agents on that scale. Players should pay their own agents, and I believe SL has said before that wanted that to be the case going forward. OK the odd small fee is still going to happen but 50 grand is atrocious.

I do take what's said there with a large pinch of salt though. Firstly it's unlikely that a news source is privy to discussions like that, and secondly pretty much every Luton fan I've read comment from has said he wasn't good enough for the Championship so why would they be offering him a 3 yr deal?

I'd be surprised and very dismayed if we're paying money to agents on that scale. Players should pay their own agents, and I believe SL has said before that wanted that to be the case going forward. OK the odd small fee is still going to happen but 50 grand is atrocious.

I do take what's said there with a large pinch of salt though. Firstly it's unlikely that a news source is privy to discussions like that, and secondly pretty much every Luton fan I've read comment from has said he wasn't good enough for the Championship so why would they be offering him a 3 yr deal?

IIRC the rules regarding agents are about to change to the player has to pay the agent instead of the club.

Archived