IGNORED

City To Sign World Cup Star?

mozo

Well, he said this on official site:

"I'm watching the tactics used by the various teams on display with interest and, whilst I wouldn't expect to sign a player from one of the top countries, I have been recommended one or two from the smaller nations."

So he's scouting players who could feature at the tournament!

Which nations d'ya think he's referring to and which players are most realistic?

English based T&T players perhaps? Or that crazy Angolan keeper?

so johnsons after a player from a little country in the world cup.

could it be Drogba of Ivory Coast, or Adebayor of Togo, Probabley Dwight Yorke. Or the Ecudor keeper who always has the Ecuador flag colours under his eyes. making him look a right prat

seriosuly though, realistically it might be Birchall but either way it is interesting

Or that crazy Angolan keeper?

I may have heard wrongly, but I'm sure it was mentioned that that crazey but brilliant Angolan keeper was/is currently unemployed???!!!!!!!! Sign him up quick to the ranks of our cider army. :farmer:

Germany 2006 - The XVIII World Cup celebratory photographs. No. 3 Berlin April 1945, MASSIVE ATTACK !!! "Roll out the barrel, we'll have a barrel of fun and sing Boom Tarara" - the Red Army have the German Gestapo blues on the run.

IPB Image

He will find the tallest player he can and sign him.

Or Pickles (ask your grandad kids)

you're probably not refering to 'Pickles' our cat who passed on some time ago.

He'll probably be looking for a tall fast guy with a good attitude and possible 'room for improvement'. so that rules out crespo. :(

Well, he said this on official site:

"I'm watching the tactics used by the various teams on display with interest and, whilst I wouldn't expect to sign a player from one of the top countries, I have been recommended one or two from the smaller nations."

So he's scouting players who could feature at the tournament!

Which nations d'ya think he's referring to and which players are most realistic?

English based T&T players perhaps? Or that crazy Angolan keeper?

I'm pretty sure 99.9% of all club managers are watching games at the world cup in hope that they might find a fantastic player for a small price.

will be interesting though

I'm pretty sure 99.9% of all club managers are watching games at the world cup in hope that they might find a fantastic player for a small price.

will be interesting though

Naturally, but the fact that Johnson has 2 or 3 specific players in his sights is what makes this an interesting topic.

For example, if it's true that we're looking at a Pole, I'd like to know who that could be. Any ideas?

I'd rather re-sign Bas than Ronaldo! Living on past glories or what?

Or what. 14 goals in 23 games this season...

Yes he's playing rubbish but he's still a great player when he can be bothered.

I don't get Johnson on this. If Luke's international career is a negative then why is he scouting international players at the world cup?

I can only see him bringing in a European player as Asian/South American/African players all have to miss games at crucial time throughout our domestic season.

Naturally, but the fact that Johnson has 2 or 3 specific players in his sights is what makes this an interesting topic.

For example, if it's true that we're looking at a Pole, I'd like to know who that could be. Any ideas?

Dennis Lawrence qualifies as a pole and will be able to compete with McCombe for title of Citys tallest player. Enoch might be able to get in on the act if he wears heels.

Archived