IGNORED

Left Sided Players

jimmer007

Gary johnson said last week if a left side player became available he would look into it, is Jim Brennan still available?

i know his name has been mentioned before but as he's available surely we should be looking at signing him, he would be the answer to all our problems down the left.

any thoights on other left sided players available?

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

unless one became available, could that have been a subtle hint? i hope so but doubt it because johnson loves a right footer on the left wing which is a shame!!

not really.

having a contrast between the two flanks is a great asset, especially if we can keep wilkshire

not really.

having a contrast between the two flanks is a great asset, especially if we can keep wilkshire

id love it if wilkshire stayed, he jsut brings something no other central midfielder gives, a good bit of creativity and with the likes of jevons and brooker( :pray: ) to feed on we could be a very potent force next season.

but then thats what i've said for the past 7 seasons and were still in this division....

id love it if wilkshire stayed, he jsut brings something no other central midfielder gives, a good bit of creativity and with the likes of jevons and brooker( :pray: ) to feed on we could be a very potent force next season.

but then thats what i've said for the past 7 seasons and were still in this division....

wilkshires only been here three.

i see him every now and again and he's always got a smile on his face.

wilkshires only been here three.

i see him every now and again and he's always got a smile on his face.

i meant ive said were going to be a very potent force at the start of each season for the past 7 seasons. lets hope this timewe are :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

yeh he always looks like he enjoys his football, good luck to him in the rest of the world cup and if he aint with us next year!!

i ment ive said were going to be avery potent force for the past 7 seasons.

yeh he always looks like he enjoys his football, good luck to him in the rest of the world cup and if he aint with us next year if he aint with us!!

i've never really thought our strikeforce has been brilliant coming in to the season, except last year!! whoops.

but this season i think it wont be superb i'm afraid goal wise. alot of our goals will come from the midfield.

i've never really thought our strikeforce has been brilliant coming in to the season, except last year!! whoops.

but this season i think it wont be superb i'm afraid goal wise. alot of our goals will come from the midfield.

i don't just mean our strikeforce, i mean the team as a whole.

i think our best chance of promotion was the season murray scored 26 goals, we were scoring for fun but lost to baadiff in the play offs. although we reached the play off final the next year that was a bit false because if we hadn't won those 11 on the trot we would have been no where near!!

i don't just mean our strikeforce, i mean the team as a whole.

i think our best chance of promotion was the season murray scored 26 goals, we were scoring for fun but lost to baadiff in the play offs. although we reached the play off final the next year that was a bit false because if we hadn't won those 11 on the trot we would have been no where near!!

what?

:dunno:

thats like saying had we not won 11 of our games in the 02/03 season we would have been no where near.

it was false because we went on an incredible run?

explain please i cant wrap my head around this

what i'm trying to say is that the season where murray scored 26 goals we were far more convincing, we won alot of games by more than 2 goals, rather than the next season where we won alot of our games by only 1goal. we were alot more defensive that season which i don't think suited city's game as we are known for our attacking force not defending.

what i'm trying to say is that the season where murray scored 26 goals we were far more convincing, we won alot of games by more than 2 goals, rather than the next season where we won alot of our games by only 1goal. we were alot more defensive that season which i don't think suited city's game as we are known for our attacking force not defending.

but our build up play was better in 03/04.

in that season we knew if we scored a goal we'd won so we didn't have to go out and get another while in 02/03 at the back we weren't so good.

anyway a win is a win.

but our build up play was better in 03/04.

in that season we knew if we scored a goal we'd won so we didn't have to go out and get another while in 02/03 at the back we weren't so good.

anyway a win is a win.

true. do you rate johnson then?

he's a very good motivator but i question his judgement on the treatnment of phillips. i know he threw his toys out of the pram but he's far better than basso in my opinion, is phillips still having a testimonial game this summer? or did it all get cnacelled a while back?

gary johnson is the most naturally gifted manager i have ever seen. everwhere he's gone he's been a success that is no fluke.

with gary johnson at the helm i have no need to question or even have an opinion on any of his descisions as he has done everything so well so far.

gary johnson is the most naturally gifted manager i have ever seen. everwhere he's gone he's been a success that is no fluke.

with gary johnson at the helm i have no need to question or even have an opinion on any of his descisions as he has done everything so well so far.

So that includes Bas Savage eh??? Get back to class!!

Christ on a bike.

Loans, 9 game run? He hasn't done everything right. I'm more confident than I was, but still have reservations. I'm stunned at what you've just said!

Christ on a bike.

Loans, 9 game run? He hasn't done everything right. I'm more confident than I was, but still have reservations. I'm stunned at what you've just said!

Agreed - jury still out I say - till Christmas 2006.

Some good signings ( but not THAT many ) terrible loans, SAVAGE an arrogant posturing no one could understand, worst losing run for years.

Like I say - jury still out !

Guest Score

Agreed - jury still out I say - till Christmas 2006.

Some good signings ( but not THAT many ) terrible loans, SAVAGE an arrogant posturing no one could understand, worst losing run for years.

Like I say - jury still out !

Do you know Savage personally then?

Archived