IGNORED

Are We Becoming Yeovil Reserves?

brady bunch

No, I don't think our scouting is one dimensional. We've obviously looked at many foreign players. McCombe came from Lincoln didn't he? If there is a place to focus our attention on than London is fairly sensible given the amount of clubs there.

To be honest I don't care where the players come from or how they're scouted as long as they can get the job done.

I don't know if anyone else here has been seeing it this way, but I'm actually very encouraged by the fact that Johnson's better players from his previous club are keen to rejoin him. To me, it's an indication that he's not the tyrant or gobsh__e that some portray him as.

A player would be very reluctant to rejoin an old boss if they didn't have a certain amount of respect for him/his methods. All our signings had the option to go elsewhere but chose us, despite the fact that in some cases the alternatives were in a higher division.

To fleece another club of it's best assets can only be a positive for us, and I personally couldn't care less whether it's Yeovil or AN Other FC.

Having won the dressing room, and vastly improved the results, Gary Johnson is further proving himself, but showing that not only has he got an eye for a bargain, but he swoops at the earliest opportunity. Already we've signed four players for next to nowt, all of whom are by all accounts young and ambitious.

To say we're Yeovil Reserves would be to suggest that we're taking their castaways - not so. We're poaching their talented, out-of-contract players.

To say we're Yeovil Reserves would be to suggest that we're taking their castaways - not so.

Yes, but if Yeovil were to let Robinson Crusoe or Man Friday go out of contract and City swooped for them, would your argument still hold water? :dunno:

Yes, but if Yeovil were to let Robinson Crusoe or Man Friday go out of contract and City swooped for them, would your argument still hold water? :dunno:

I think the point is we are signing the BETTER players from Yeovil not some snotty nosed ressie player. Are Chelski mad for signing ballack or shevchenko both of whom are knocking on the top end of a pro's career? Give GJ the chance to sign who he wants an this time next year either say he got it right or he got it totally wrong, this season it WILL be his team!

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

reserves?

does reserves mean start every week for yeovil?

thats not what i thought it was.

the fact is weale is a very good keeper. jevons is a very good striker. gary johnson is probably the best manager in the league. and this fitness coach is probably one of the best if he's rated by gj.

i don't care where they come from if they can do the work. and there first language is english (unless they are a entertaining keeper)

We've obviously looked at many foreign players. McCombe came from Lincoln didn't he?

Point pretty well proven there then, don'tcha think?. GJ's cosmopolitan credentials remain intact...

I don't know if anyone else here has been seeing it this way, but I'm actually very encouraged by the fact that Johnson's better players from his previous club are keen to rejoin him. To me, it's an indication that he's not the tyrant or gobsh__e that some portray him as.

Seems pretty much a given. If there is anyone left that still regards GJ as a 'tyrant or gobshite', i suspect they've probably never worked in a business environment.

All very exciting at the moment. But what happens when Johnson goes. Do we lose key parts of our squad too, and a load of Yeovil fans come on here to reep happy revenge.

Live by the sword, die by the sword....

What do you mean "when Johnson goes"?. We've moved away from the 1990's "a manager a year" Bristol City. You know and I know that Gary will be given every chance to take us up and I'm reasonably hopeful that he'll surpass Danny 'Nearly' Wilson and will actually get us up to the Championship.

• Admin

What do you mean "when Johnson goes"?. We've moved away from the 1990's "a manager a year" Bristol City. You know and I know that Gary will be given every chance to take us up and I'm reasonably hopeful that he'll surpass Danny 'Nearly' Wilson and will actually get us up to the Championship.

He took Yeovil up two divisions before leaving them and now taking their better players. If he did the same here I couldn't really have any complaints and we'd be in a very strong position to then do "a Reading" or "a Preston" and pinch "a Bristol City's" better players :dance:

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

but we are lucky to still have him. he's premiership quality.

Archived