IGNORED

Not Got Your St Yet? Here's Why...

Red Skin

When will the club's PR department stop scoring own goals? :ranting:

In deciding the order in which season tickets are being posted out my first assumption was this was totally arbitrary, but it seems that this year the commercial dept have used the following information to decide how much they value you as a supporter, with the most valued fans getting their season tickets first:

- Number of years you have held your season ticket.

- Date of birth.

- Unsolicited criticism of the club.

- Postcode.

- Sex.

Unbelievably, only your attendance as a season ticket holder really counts as the club gets your money to invest over the closed season whereas pay on the day supporters offer the club less value.

Commercially younger fans score highly as they represent a longer return in terms of the cumulative contribution to the club over their lifetime than older fans.

Knowledge the club has concerning any unsolicited criticism you may have made publicly counts against you too.

Even your postcode is used to indicate your income generating, not only by swelling the coffers through merchandising sales but correlates with greater propensity to become a shareholder.

Research carried out by government statisticians (NationalStatisticsOffice ) indicates that in terms of shirts and other merchandising, pre-match drinking, etc the dedication of male football fans (and by implication benefits to the commercial department) far outweigh that of female fans so your sex could count against you too.

Subjecting us to such a commercially based measure of our value is beyond belief and flies in the face of what I was led to believe initially. :ranting:

Not being funny and I see your frustrated, but so long as your season ticket shows up before the first game (or the friendly games as well I believe this season) why does it matter what time it arrives?

It's most unlike me to defend the Club btw but I just can't see the problem.

You're either on the wind up or the victim of a wind up. They were sent out in whatever order they were printed off the computer.

Why on earth would the club care who got it first or last. Everyone gets one who's bought one. Hope they don't send mine yet, more time to lose it before the start of the season!

I haven't received my season ticket yet. It's a disgrace. A slap in the face for loyal fans. What the hell are the club playing at? Sack the commercial department. Picket the ticket office. Johnson out. Sack the board. Sexstone must go. I hold the Supporter's Trust personally responsible. It's these overbearing mods. ...

Oh hang on, I haven't paid for it yet, that'll probably be why ....

You're either on the wind up or the victim of a wind up. They were sent out in whatever order they were printed off the computer.

Kinda true, I spoke to Helen on Saturday as mine (and the disabled child I care for) has not arrived yet, and she said, as mine was a carers one, and his is a disabled they were being sorted out this week. So there is some sort of category order.

:rolleyes:

Why the massive 'conspiracy'? all you have to do is go to the Advance Sales booth and peer through the window...

Box files. Faaaaaaahsands of them. Anyone who's done an office job will appreciate what effort it'll take a handful of people to sort the records, keep bookings and send tickets out. All that matters is that you get them before the season starts. The season, which is still SIX WEEKENDS AWAY.

Actually, that's a very good point. As 'mouthpiece eof the club', surely I shouldn't even have to pay for my season ticket in the first place. Sack the board .....

Hang on a sec. I was under the impression that RedTop held the title of "mouthpiece of the club". Did you swoop down and take him out with piano wire outside the Lansdowns' house or something?

I know that MOTC is a coveted title, but this is ridiculous.

:blink:

ok lets be honest who cares if it arrives a day before the game??

or do you get some satisfaction at saying "oww i got my season ticket first"

you see when i was was 12 i wanted to hold my xmas present befoe the day...but then again i was 12

My 2 childrens tickets arrived a full day before mine, and I'm very annoyed!

Mine and my 2 children's arrived together on the same day, I'm very annoyed too. We couldn't have our usual squabble about 'mine was first, your're not getting one' etc!!! :laugh:

You're either on the wind up or the victim of a wind up.

Very perceptive Nibor! :D The last paragraph was the clue "initially". Woeful effort as I didn't get much in the way of a decent bite, but relieved my boredom for a bit. Roll on the start of the season!

RAF

Archived