IGNORED

Advice Needed

Big Red Rich

My cricket club has run out of decent, original ideas to increase revenue etc and I've been asked to see if I can come up with any ideas etc to make some much needed money.

Has anyone got a decent ideas that they may of organised or been to that they can suggest? Its needs to be simple and very cost effective. Items to hand include a very nice club house, v.cheap bar, disco equipement on tap but loads of blokes so getting women down to the club would be another step in the right direction so ladies, id love a bit of input. As many cricket clubs are, we are more or less in the middle of nowhere as we are between thornbury and dursley.

Your help and ideas are very much appreciated.

Rich.

What about a small event for all members like a summer Bar B Q? They can all pay for a ticket and you could include a raffle ect. Maybe a little Imagination could improve it slightly, it could be themed? Depends what you normally do and what intrests the people involved really. :dunno: xxx

A friend recently ran a charity race night for Macmillans and managed to raise £2500 from it. Raffles etc on the night and everyone dug deep. Good girl to bloke ratio and also big range of ages. Everyone had a good time and the only real cost was to hire a bloke to do it. If you have your own bar then I think you could make another £10 per person for drinks. It's pretty much run by one person and all you really need to provide are a few people to run the tote.

Something that my fotball team does every so often but can be done weekly is a scratch card where you pick the name of a team out of the twenty or so options on the card. The name gets scratched off with half the winnings going to the club and half to the winner.

In my experience women are quite happy to attend if they know that there will be a mixed group and they are there for an occasion, rather than just going for a drink at the club house.

Charge the people who play more! Charge more at your very cheap bar. Could you make your club house available for evening occasions to the local people, there must be some even if it is in the middle of nowhere.

Maybe you could run a charity mixed cricket sixes events and get the corporates involved. If you did get the corporates involved money would flow through the bar and also increase your profile a bit.

Archived