IGNORED

Squad Numbers

Rudolf Hucker

The interview with Keith Millen on World shows the players training at Abbots Leigh. All of them wearing numbered Puma training tops (very fetching they looked too). The numbers that they were wearing were:

10 Jevons

5 McCombe

15 Showumni

17 Fontaine

4 Heywood

7 Murray

2 Orr

25 Russell

22 Stewart

I guess that this must reflect the still to be announced squad numbers for the year ahead? There were others I couldn't make out. If you can, add 'em here ...

"Supporters should note the squad numbers on the Puma training tops of City's players are still provisional and do not represent their official listing with the Football League."

From an article now on the main site.

They are quite nice though :wub: the tops not the players

ah, crap. Never mind, I will look elsewhere.

Glad they're back in training, makes the season look closer. Enough with this international stuff, give me club football anyday. Proper football I mean, not the premiership, which is little better than the diving board that was the world cup.

has gj put on a few stone?!

He was crouching down (obviously you can't tell because there's little difference in stature when a midget's stood up or sat down) so the rolls looked bigger. He's not even 4 stone so please don't call him fat, he's very sensitive :blush:

It looked to me like Noble is wearing number 8.

The numbers may be provisional but I should imagine the official numbers will be very similar. Brooker still had number 9 I noticed, Murray 7 and Cotteril 11. I thought initially that they were just wearing the same as last year... but then I noticed Basso had number 1 and Stewart had 22.

Archived