IGNORED

English Penalty Failure Solved

phantom

• Admin

Much as I would like to take the credit for noticing something as coincidental as I'm about to type, I was working in my Cardiff office today, amongst all the usual banter, someone said something to me that was rather spooky !

He pointed out that EVERY penalty shoot out that England had LOST since 1990 the kicks had been taken to the left as the TV camera's look at it!

Lost Vs Germany 04th July 1990 - kicks to the left

Lost Vs Germany 26th June 1996 - kicks to the left

Lost Vs Argentina 30th June 1998 - kicks to the left

Lost Vs Portugal 24th June 2004 - kicks to the left

Lost Vs Portugal 01st July 2006 - kicks to the left

BUT, the won we did win the penalties were to the other side:

Won Vs Spain 22nd June 1996 - kicks to the RIGHT

It goes further domestically !

Arsenal LOST to Galatasary UEFA cup in 2000 - kicks to the left

Spurs beat Anderlecht - won UEFA cup in 1984 - kicks to the right

Liverpool beat AS Roma - won European Cup in 1984 - kicks to the right

Liverpool beat AC Milan - won Champions league 2005 - kicks to the right

Coincidence ?!?!

Coincidence ?!?!

Yes.

:rolleyes:

Owen Hargreaves proved that as long as it's placed to the corner with plenty of pace the goalkeeper will not save it - and that was the 3rd big match penalty he has taken - Champions League Final, Euros and World Cup - he's scored all 3 (probably becuase he plays his football in Germany and they know how to do it!)

Waddle and Beckham missed the targets but Pearce, Southgate, Batty, Ince, Vassell, Lampard, Gerrard and Carragher's efforts were poorly placed and easy for a goalkeeper to save.

We'll learn one day.

:pinch:

i think goalkeepers prefer diving to the right hand side more than the left. When i played in goal once it felt odd diving to the left. Maybe its becasue I'm right handed?

Yes.

:rolleyes:

Owen Hargreaves proved that as long as it's placed to the corner with plenty of pace the goalkeeper will not save it - and that was the 3rd big match penalty he has taken - Champions League Final, Euros and World Cup - he's scored all 3 (probably becuase he plays his football in Germany and they know how to do it!)

Waddle and Beckham missed the targets but Pearce, Southgate, Batty, Ince, Vassell, Lampard, Gerrard and Carragher's efforts were poorly placed and easy for a goalkeeper to save.

We'll learn one day.

:pinch:

1990 stuart pearce down the middle; Waddle over the bar

lampard and gerrard to the goalies left, carragher to his right :dunno:

I made the same mistake through not thorough enough reading of the post on the Subbers site. As an appology to phantom I'll correct you for him. This is the crucial line that we all over looked.....

He pointed out that EVERY penalty shoot out that England had LOST since 1990 the kicks had been taken to the left as the TV camera's look at it!

.......glad it wasn't just me.

I made the same mistake through not thorough enough reading of the post on the Subbers site. As an appology to phantom I'll correct you for him. This is the crucial line that we all over looked.....

:D whichever way hes wrong as we missed BOTH sides this tournament :D also the tv cameras generally show the action from in front of the goal not behind but then there are many angles to view it from i suppose :dunno:

• Admin

:D whichever way hes wrong as we missed BOTH sides this tournament :D also the tv cameras generally show the action from in front of the goal not behind but then there are many angles to view it from i suppose :dunno:

Just read the original post AGAIN - it refers to SHOOT OUTS ! try to keep up now !

EVERY TV game has a main camera position on a specific side -that is what was being referred to. . .

I get it now...... :crying: what fooled me is that the post says "kicks" which i thought meant the penalties themselves NOT the end at which the penalties were taken.so , maybe ;

" Every shoot out that england have lost since 1990 the penalties have been taken IN THE GOAL TO THE LEFT as the camera looks at it" :me?: : :me?:( and reading the post didnt help either :farmer: )

Archived