IGNORED

I'm Really Not Happy - Why Are The Men Protected On This Site?

Guest leanne_bcfc

Guest leanne_bcfc

My post warning of internet weirdos on this site has been removed with a pm basically saying "if you don't want the hassle, remove your pic". Well, thats great isnt it. Its like a government warning saying: "if you don't want to be raped, wear a paper bag over your head".

The user in question has been sending me dirty pm's and then threatening ones when I wasnt interested. I have not been informed of any punishment that this user has recieved. Do you really think the following message is approriate:

the relaxing bubble bath we'd share together with loads of bubbles, lots of candles and some nice soft music in the background as we enjoy each other in a nice hot bath, rubbing bubbles...... you get my drift i'm sure :P message me back? xxx

so this user will continue this onto all new female members without any reprimand. i think this is outrageous.

:ranting:

You had lots of support on the thread you posted yesterday, although it seems to have disappeared for some reason.

You should NOT have to remove your picture.

Perhaps the mod. concerned could explain publicly what action has been taken, the reasons, and what protection young ladies who post on these forums can expect in the future from male posters they perceive to be hassling them. :dunno:

None of us want posters like leanne and Sophs to feel uncomfortable contributing to this forum, surely?

You had lots of support on the thread you posted yesterday, although it seems to have disappeared for some reason.

Perhaps the mod. concerned could explain publicly what action has been taken, the reasons, and what protection young ladies who post on these forums can expect in the future from male posters they perceive to be hassling them. :dunno:

None of us want posters like leanne and Sophs to feel uncomfortable contributing to this forum, surely?

I agree with every word of that.

If people send harrassing PMs then they can hardly complain when the person they're harrassing tells everyone else.

I don't think there was a single good reason to remove the thread, perhaps the mods can convince me otherwise.

Agree 100%

Have I lost me touch then, as no one is harassing me?

Just kidding, in all seriousness youd have to be pretty lame to PM somebody that sort of thing, and why should you have to change your pic in case someone might wanna be a creep and PM you things which clearly make you feel uneasy and are not acceptable. Its a shame it doesnt happen in a public place, because then you could shout very loudly at them "Sorry I didnt quite hear you, you want to do what to me??" And embarass them.

Leanne stick to your guns and put your pic back up, although Orlando is rather yummy to look at, would you like a rude PM relating to him?

And whoever it was, your a pervert and pack it in! :ranting:

Guest leanne_bcfc

I havnt taken my pic down, its just in my profile. I wasnt trying to parade my pic about, just seen a few others have done it so I wanted to just join in the fun :crying:

Thanks to all of the supportive PM's i've had from the nice people here.

If the user in question is consistently pestering you with inappropriate messages then I quite clearly agree that you have every right to voice you're concerns.

It must be said though that from the messages shown on this thread it comes across as a slightly lame attempt to 'pull' someone on the forum, rather than the actions of a malicious stalker. Unless I have missed something, and granted I didnt see the post yesterday, perhaps there was more detail on that, how people can state he is a stalker is beyond me.

If he has PM'd you in an attempt to 'chat you up' and you have flat out rejected his advance, the conversations ending there, then I don't see any problem with that - presuming of course the content was not lurid and made you feel uncomfortable. The problem quite clearly is if you have spurned him and he has continued to pester you with unwanted messages. If this is the case then of course you have every right to be annoyed and oust the person as the rather sad individual they are.

I guess I'm just struggling to believe that;

a) Someone would try to initiate a relationship on an internet forum and,

b) Someone could get offensive or aggressive over something so trivial.

I guess I'm just struggling to believe that;

a) Someone would try to initiate a relationship on an internet forum and,

b) Someone could get offensive or aggressive over something so trivial.

Madness in't it! Surely you'd feel like such a ****** afterwards?!?

Personally I think they should have a way of naming and shaming such b******, this is a public family forum (well, apparently it is) so really, everyone is entitled to know which people should be avoided. I suggest a new forum titled 'Losers R Us' or something, where they just have a list of all the b*****s, so that you know who to avoid like the plague.

Can't stop laughing at the lameness of that! Pulling on the internet, really, just get a life fs.

My post warning of internet weirdos on this site has been removed with a pm basically saying "if you don't want the hassle, remove your pic". Well, thats great isnt it. Its like a government warning saying: "if you don't want to be raped, wear a paper bag over your head".

The user in question has been sending me dirty pm's and then threatening ones when I wasnt interested. I have not been informed of any punishment that this user has recieved. Do you really think the following message is approriate:

so this user will continue this onto all new female members without any reprimand. i think this is outrageous.

:ranting:

ANY member that gets unwanted PM's should let one of us Mods know & we'll look in to it & take action if required.

People should feel free to have any type of picture they want for as long as it is clean, non-offensive & generally within the forum rules.

In your case Leanne, at the time of writing, we have not received a single report/complaint/PM from you stating that you were being hassled - the first we knew of this situation was from your post yesterday.

We will now investigate this situation and we will communicate with you via PM only. Posting the contents of your PM's on this forum is not the best method of dealing with this circumstance. We appreciate that you want to warn people of unwanted nuisances and seek support but please do so by contacting the relevant administrators/mods of this site. Secondly, there are 2 sides to every story & we will consider taking action when we've reviewed both parties information.

We do not advise people to change their picture though in certain circumstances it has proven to help create less hassle for certain members. It is down to the individual to decided whether to do this.

Once again, may we remind everyone that if you recieve any unwanted attentions via this site then let us know & we'll do our best to help.

Archived