IGNORED

Weather In Sheff At 19.20 Fri Evening

stevep38

Hi lads, some good news from sheff, ive been here all week working and thismorning when i got up it was blizzard conditions but its not snowing now and it hasnt all day , so lets hope it keeps that way, a lot of the snow has melted today so if it doesnt snow then there should be no problems.

c u sat

steve

Guest owlstillidie

Erm... If your at the Royal Victoria Holiday Inn in the city Centre just jump on the Yellow Route tram to Leppings lane, if it's the one up Crookes by the Main University near the Hospitals there's the Number 52 Bus run by Yorkshire Terrier comes quite regular and get on it into the Centre of Hillsborough it goes into a Mini Bus Station thing get off there DON'T show your shirt or walk into any of the pubs around Hillsborough, Head up the Main road past Woolworths keep on walking up past the Big Park (can't miss it) and you'll see the Ground on the right of the Park if you wanna Pint avoid anywhere in Hillsborough Centre especially the Blue Ball, Legends and the Park Hotel, Horse and Jockey is your best bet up the hill from the away end

Guest owlstillidie
so how come on your website today the sequence of photo's showed the pitch completely free of snow at 3pm????
Because the undersoil heating had been working since 9am, therefore clearing all the snow, if it covers the Pitch again tonight the Undersoil heating won't have enought time to clear the Pitch, not too sure what the weathers doing at the Minute to be honest :cool: i'll take a look outside

Guest owlstillidie

it aint snowing at the Minute but it has been, we'll see anyway, my Money is on the Game going ahead and us getting a right old hammering, by the way i kno the Club reckon there'll be 25,000 there, don't get your hopes up i can't see our lot turning out tommorow, 22k would be a bit more realistic, if there is 25,000 be Prepared for a mass of ques, we were queing half an hour on wednesday night because they decided not to open all the Turnstiles, there was only 21k there, 25,000 attendance might mean a whole lot of Queing especially for those paying on the gate and especially when the Upper Teir Sells Out and they have to transfer you all to the Lower which are on Different Turnstiles, by the way if they Open the North West Corner i'd do all you can NOT to go on it it's an awful view and there's no roof it'll be bloody freezing

Guest owlstillidie

Not too sure pal i think Barnsley Bought 6,000 for the LDV game but we've yet to play them in the league and they'll bring 8,000, sell the away end out basically, Roads are Fine up here don't worry about it, all the major motorways are clear only way we'll be in doubt is if it snows tonight and at the Minute it's Bloody Cold, clouded over we've had a touch of Snow/sleet/rain it'll be fine aslong as no More snow comes, by the way 3,500 fans in our away end makes it look Empty, Owls fans are expecting you to make an Impression now, 5,000 will make it interesting, fill the Top Teir at least

Guest owlstillidie

not boasting here but if we were top of the League we'd take 8,000 i'm sure, we took 4,000 + To Peterborough :laugh: . that's support for you and we won 1-0 :cool:, anyway i'm off to bed i have to Prepare for the copious amounts of :Party12: i'm going to Put in my belly before Kick off tommorow, well we have to have something to ease the pain :D oh and one last weather check for you guys.. it's fine no worries, if anything there's a bit of rain in the air, Snow is just Freezing to the Ground so watch your footing on the old Pavements after you've had a few :Party12:

not boasting here but if we were top of the League we'd take 8,000 i'm sure.
Fact is we're not as big a club as you. I'm not one of these people who has been bandying about figures like 5,000 tomorrow. 3,500 will be about right - for most poxy Div 2 grounds that will be taking the place over but for SWFC that will mean the away end is half empty.

Blooming ex-Prem grounds eh? :cool:

Archived