IGNORED

Wednesday Fans Given Up

ciderhead_sumpter

i was just taking a browse on the wed forum and was surprised at how many fans have completely given up on their team, kind of makes me feel sorry for em, doesnt make me wana win any less though :D i feel that i would follow city even if we were in there situation, but what can i say i haven't been through a fall in divisions like they have. one quote from a sw fan i saw was

"Nah..

There's only so much you should have to take..

I've reached my limit..

Sod SWFC"

a bit sad that theyre feeling that about their home club :D also i noticed that all the wed fans seem to be really nice about hundreds of us sh1theads signing up on their forums :laugh: hehe i would personally be a bit annoyed if they did the same on our forum posting loads of random ###### :cool: ah well jus hoping match goes ahead now, cant wait although I'm leaving at 7:30, an hour before the inspection :( better bloody be on now :D

Is a bit. But they should know that the time to support your team is in the worst of it all as that is when they will need most support!

Isn't a supporter suppose to follow the team through thick and thin?

Guest owlstillidie

See where your coming from mate but no disrespect at all but you REALLY don't know what's been happening at Hillsborough the past 5 years, this club is lost in the Second Division, the fans are lost in the Second division at the end of the day the Club should be in the premier league, we came down last season expecting to have a good go at going straight back up and what with the injuries and everything else it just hasn't happened for the club in general, a lot of what you read on our forum is pure frustration and mainly disbeleive that the club REALLY has fallen this far, your right it's a sad state of affairs at hillsborough at the minute their's a lot of pi55ed off owls fans around due to the performance in the ldv which was woeful to say the least and with all the injuries the fans are just about coming to terms with this season being another absolute nightmare for this club but still tommorow you will see what a good fanbase we have and with 25,000 in the ground it will be a taste of a premier leauge atmosphere for you guys, the atmosphere hasn't been what it can be at hillsborough this season mainly due to our form at home but if the team show the fight and we get the ball down and play a bit of football like we all know we can do the fans are 100% behind the lads and hopefully tommorow it'll be a good game of football from both sides. Just to let you know i'm not joking about these injuries i'll list you them in full. Terry cooke,Graeme Lee,Paul Smith,Matt Hamshaw,Ola Tidman, Robbie Mustoe, Paul Mclaren,Adam Proudlock (suspended but also injured) Geary Suspended, Mark Robins, Richard Evans, Chris Stringer and Kim Olsen, Out of those 13 Players, 12 of them are easy capable first teamers and they will all be out tommorow so when you beat us 5-0 spare a Thought for us having 12 First Teamers out Injured. Just for the record i'd rather you guys win the League than QPR or Plymouth, for all Danny Wilsons Faults he's still a Wednesdayite and will always have a place in our Playing History for being a Fantastic player, oh and don't know if you know this but Young Laurie Wilson (yes Danny's lad) will be on the Bench tommorow and might even Start

Guest owlstillidie
Is a bit. But they should know that the time to support your team is in the worst of it all as that is when they will need most support!

Isn't a supporter suppose to follow the team through thick and thin?

Sorry pal but we know how to support the team, 20,000 have turned up week in week out at Hillsborough all season

Owlstillidie - understand what you are saying, think all fans who have seen a team at top level then sink would feel the same (some sympathy from a city fan really). Earlier this season our fans were giving Wilson a bit of stick, so nothing new there. I think Weds and City have similar expectations, which is ok as long as the team are winning :D

But we still continue to go and support, as many of you Owls fans do - you have the best attendance for this Div, amazing given some of the results and your current position.

Personally I would rather see Weds go up with us than QPR, so good luck, well after tomorrow obviously!

Laurie Wilson - would be good to see him play again, have seen him in a couple of reserve matches and thought he was pretty good.

All the best for the rest of the season :cool:

If it is any consolation to you, Owls fan ,I think it is tragic that your club is in such a lowly position. I went to hillsborough to see city get beaten 4-0 in FA cup (?) years ago. Your ground was one of the first premier, all seater, stadiums I had visited. I was very impressed. I was envious. You had the fans, the stadium and you played good football. I wanted the same for City.

It is very frustrating when your team isn't performing. Believe me we've had our highs and lows too. Maybe we are gloating and are a bit excited but when you have underachieved like we have we get a bit crazy when success comes our way so let us enjoy it. You never know what is around the corner.

I think your fans down here this season were the best away fans we have seen. You never stopped singing and the band was great. Put us to shame in fact. With support like that you will turn things around.

Hope you will join us in the 1st division next season!

Archived