IGNORED

Surfing

Johnny Casio

Hey all,

Just wondering if there are any other surfers out there....where do you go? what are your plans for the summer? etc...

Well, the kids have been introduced to the 'Beach Boys - Endless Summer' cd in the car and they love it.

I'd love to join you in waxing down my surfboard with the old sexwax but sadly I've never tried surfing..... I have lived near the beach all my life ...... but we don't tend to get big waves.... only when it's rough and they put out the red flag.

I will do it someday............. it must be a real buzz.

Well, the kids have been introduced to the 'Beach Boys - Endless Summer' cd in the car and they love it.

I'd love to join you in waxing down my surfboard with the old sexwax but sadly I've never tried surfing..... I have lived near the beach all my life ...... but we don't tend to get big waves.... only when it's rough and they put out the red flag.

I will do it someday............. it must be a real buzz.

Don't need a board mate, just wax down the ironing board!!

Also, did you know that the only one in the Beach Boys who could surf was Dennis Wilson (RIP) and thats a fact.

Don't need a board mate, just wax down the ironing board!!

Also, did you know that the only one in the Beach Boys who could surf was Dennis Wilson (RIP) and thats a fact.

To be honest............... yes I did know that......... but didn't bother to mention it

The drummer 'Dennis Wilson' also died (as indicated by your RIP) by getting drowned................. but he was not surfing U.S.A or otherwise.

Great band.............. and surfing is a great sport that I'd love to try.

The drummer 'Dennis Wilson' also died (as indicated by your RIP) by getting drowned................. but he was not surfing U.S.A or otherwise.

Thats right he was having a party on his boat (Sloop John B), jumped in the water and never came back up. Substance abuse was blamed as I remember.

Saw them play in Brisbane a while back (after Dennis had died) and it was a brilliant show.

we went to Newquay last year, and going to go August bank holiday this year as well. I didn't do any surfing last year, but going to try it out this summer. It never really appealed to me much tbh, i might as well try it out when i've got the chance.

we went to Newquay last year, and going to go August bank holiday this year as well. I didn't do any surfing last year, but going to try it out this summer. It never really appealed to me much tbh, i might as well try it out when i've got the chance.

Are you 16?

I thought newquay was where kids went when they'd finished their GCSE's? Last time I went that was the case anyway?

that's what i did when my GSCE's were finished, but you get a load of uni students there as well, as part of charity events. We bumped into a load of Birmingham students last year, who hitched hicked their way down (or so they say)

Fair enough mate, last time I went down there it was over run by them and although I was just about old enough to be allowed to pull em, I had a bird at the time so was norty... Certaintly wouldnt go there now, too much temptation and too much that could go wrong :o

Fair enough mate, last time I went down there it was over run by them and although I was just about old enough to be allowed to pull em, I had a bird at the time so was norty... Certaintly wouldnt go there now, too much temptation and too much that could go wrong :o

too damn right, when we went last summer, some lass tried chatting me and me mate up, to which my reply was 'ferking hell love, you're about 14, p155 off, i aint going near ya'. To which her reply was 'i'm 15 actually, and i don't care if i'm underage'. Dangerous ground in the summer in Newquay.

and to think, your signature says funniest poster of the year, which year was that? :whistle:

That's ching for you - £45 a gram, and all you get is a a lack of sleep and a muddled head for a week. It's a downhill spiral sunshine, remember, winners don't do drugs!

Archived