IGNORED

Shrieking Drivers

Nogbad the Bad

I was walking past Gaol Ferry Bridge yesterday lunchtime, just about to cross when a driver roared past me and for no apparent reason shouted "You Bastard" and drove on.

I know this random insult was aimed at me as there was no one within yards of me at the time.

What could be the reason for this? Has anyone else experienced random insults from speeding motorists? Is it a new craze, or a sign of the times?

I'm sure he thought it was hilarious even though there was no sign of humour in his voice or his contorted face.

Or are we simply surrounded by nutters? :dunno:

I was walking past Gaol Ferry Bridge yesterday lunchtime, just about to cross when a driver roared past me and for no apparent reason shouted "You Bastard" and drove on.

I know this random insult was aimed at me as there was no one within yards of me at the time.

What could be the reason for this? Has anyone else experienced random insults from speeding motorists? Is it a new craze, or a sign of the times?

I'm sure he thought it was hilarious even though there was no sign of humour in his voice or his contorted face.

Sorry, i didnt really mean it :me?:

same up here in Wolverhampton, just walking along the road and someone called me a W**ker,

this coming from this guy in a clamped out Nova, listening to Blazing Squad and looked bigger from the car itself.

i agree with sir colby, just a new chav craze.

Hmm. Yes, I've experienced this, although usually the shouts or cries aren't usually as coherent as "Bastards!" More often than that, it's some sort of loud, freakish grunting. It was particularly common during the World Cup and especially on days when England were playing.

I'm afraid I have no idea why people go around doing this. Perhaps it always coincides with people realising that they've left the oven on at home...

That happened to my dad once on PAtchway roundabout. I was about 15 someone cut this lady up on the roundabout so she followed us all the way home to our driveway. She started shouting at my dad saying how bad a driver he was and I promptly told her to shut up and get her facts right. She soon disappeared!! :D

Oh another one was a guy decided to wear a pig mask in a bensons van outside the bank. First of all I thought he could be raiding the bank but afterwards I thought it must be a wind up. Luckily as the van pulled away the man took his mask off and started laughing out of the window. Very strange. :D

Hmm. Yes, I've experienced this, although usually the shouts or cries aren't usually as coherent as "Bastards!" More often than that, it's some sort of loud, freakish grunting.

Yeah I had some weirdo lean out the passenger seat window and make some sort of loud, freakish grunt at me not too long ago. It just kinda disturbed my daze, (scared the shit out of me) and just left me like this.... :blink: .

Why man why??? It's lost me.

ummm, I thought the topic was shrieking divers and was either another methaphor for going down under or was all about Christiano!!

It may happen to me but normally I'm listening to music so couldn't hear for toffee, although on the way home some cyclist nearly knocked me over when I wasn't paying attention crossing the road.

Kids please note that itt's neither big nor clever to try and tune your radio whilst crossing busy roads.

I had some banter from jovial Italian fans at some traffic lights on Sunday. I think the shouting from cars is an old craze that just keeps going. Not sure what the appeal is...apart from shouting at girls that is :shifty:

What bothered me about the whole incident was it spreads aggression. For a minute or so afterwards i was non-plussed and then angry.

If i'd shouted back on impulse or ran after him, would he have stopped or reversed and the incident progressed?

If it is a craze as people think, what's next in a few years when the buzz they get from random insults wears thin?

Randomly chucking things at people?

Running over pedestrians toes 'for a laugh'?

I may be taking a seemingly trivial incident much too seriously but i'm not sure there are boundaries where cretins like this are concerned.

That's what really bothers me. :angry:

If it is a craze as people think, what's next in a few years when the buzz they get from random insults wears thin?

Oh, I've had that. A mound of dry dirt from the top deck of a double decker bus carrying school children. Hurt like hell and bought tears to my eyes. The bus company couldn't care less.

Also had the shouting thing. Anyone notice people honking their horns as their car is parallel to you? Happened to the wife and I last night.

Yep I have, it was a 4 year old (not driving the car) who said the exact same thing just before I crossed the road. Bit weird ,but I just laughed and walked on.

Guest DrFaustus

I have done silly things like wave to random people when in my car. Got a few funny looks too. Usually the "Where do I know her from?" :D

My son insists that I toot the horn at random people and see how many wave back. People are frightened of being ignorant and tend to smile and wave. Silly buggers.

And everything.

This thread has reminded me of an incident that happened to me years ago. Walking with a mate down Hampton Road in redland when a BMW pulls up with four blokes in suits & shades. One in the back point an UZI out of the window and......

sprayed us with water. Nearly filled my shorts.

This thread has reminded me of an incident that happened to me years ago. Walking with a mate down Hampton Road in redland when a BMW pulls up with four blokes in suits & shades. One in the back point an UZI out of the window and......

sprayed us with water. Nearly filled my shorts.

That's an exceptional prank, man.

I had the same last week walking along Bath Road with me Doris. Just a Chavvy craze methinks.

Chavvy Craze! Insensitive youngster!

What bothered me about the whole incident was it spreads aggression. For a minute or so afterwards i was non-plussed and then angry.

If i'd shouted back on impulse or ran after him, would he have stopped or reversed and the incident progressed?

Running over pedestrians toes 'for a laugh'?

I may be taking a seemingly trivial incident much too seriously but i'm not sure there are boundaries where cretins like this are concerned.

That's what really bothers me. :angry:

It's just a laugh isn't it. I'm not saying that those that said it to you where right Nogbad, but at the same time I doubt they thought that you would be offended. I've done it a few times. We've done various "drive-by" dares and they normally involve shouting or throwing at random people. We did it with a fire-extinguisher with this chap wondering outside his house in his PJ's. That was hilarious. I've had to flour a few people and shout random things at them - I'm sure ours are more humourous and tasteful than the swine that shouted at you, but ultimatly it's just banter, no offensive intended loike.

Some guy recently shouted at me from a passing car on Gloucester Road: "Get yer 'air cut!".

Thing is though, I DID actually need a haircut at the time, so I thanked the man for his helpful advice and duly paid a visit to the barber!

I wonder if any other forum members have received any useful tips delivered randomly by passing motorists?

I wonder if any other forum members have received any useful tips delivered randomly by passing motorists?

Now you mention it, I was recently walking drunk down my road when a passing motorist shouted "Oi, get out of the ####ing way you ####"

I did, narrowly avoiding death. Definitely toptiptastic.

Now you mention it, I was recently walking drunk down my road when a passing motorist shouted "Oi, get out of the ####ing way you ####"

I'm struggling to see their motive there Colbs - I think it might be a hate-crime... :dunno:

a lad I know is always being shouted at and called horrible names from people passing in cars,

but he has got a tendency to wear a blue and white quatered shirt.

Yeah................ I might be tempted to shout out 'Oi, Dr.Faustus You Gasser'

Sorry to be so strong and use the biggest insult going.

Guest DrFaustus

Yeah................ I might be tempted to shout out 'Oi, Dr.Faustus You Gasser'

Sorry to be so strong and use the biggest insult going.

Estoy ocupado. Espero que usted duerma bien DC. :rolleyes:

Archived