IGNORED

Favourite Sitcom

tinman-is-god

MY Family and Only Fools and Horses

Two good shouts both have me in stitches. Kris Marshall who plays the older son in My Family is particularly funny.

Blackadder has to be up there as well, always showing on UK Gold.

Strangely I also quite like Scrubs (and normally I'd rather take a cheese grater to my own face than watch American "comedy").

Two good shouts both have me in stitches. Kris Marshall who plays the older son in My Family is particularly funny.

Blackadder has to be up there as well, always showing on UK Gold.

Strangely I also quite like Scrubs (and normally I'd rather take a cheese grater to my own face than watch American "comedy").

Scrubs is superb, i spent 2 months in Thailand watching that, as it was the only decent program on TV over there.

Only Fools is excellent, but my fave is probably The Smoking Room. Genius from the makers of Peep Show.

Tut tut forumites...

I'm Alan Partridge is far and away the best sit-com.

Other contenders are:

The Office

The Mighty Boosh

Nathan Barley

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Green Wing

The Likely Lads

Garth Marenghi's Dark Place (more of a sit-spoof)

Hancock's Half Hour

Extras

Fawlty Towers

Only Fools And Horses

ALSO - anyone mental enough to think that My Family is actually funny or entertaining is in dire need of a lobotomy. I'll happily perform the operation myself :shifty: .

Tut tut forumites...

I'm Alan Partridge is far and away the best sit-com.

I do love Alan Partridge, and it is superb, but for me the thing that seperates Curb and the Office is the characters- i love Larry, he is always right, and Richard Lewis and Jeff are both superb characters that you associate with. Partridge is very funny, but for me, lacks the depth of characterisation of the other 2. Still hilarious though.

I do love Alan Partridge, and it is superb, but for me the thing that seperates Curb and the Office is the characters- i love Larry, he is always right, and Richard Lewis and Jeff are both superb characters that you associate with. Partridge is very funny, but for me, lacks the depth of characterisation of the other 2. Still hilarious though.

Curb uses the fly-on-the-wall style, lack of laughter track and everyday dialogue that Partridge and The Office had both done before it.

The way Alan Partridge was shot was very innovative and they managed to make an odious person's lamentable life absolutely hilarious, particularly with the incorporation of surreal touches.

Partridge is a satire on both celebrity and the middle classes, and for me has the creative edge over other shows. It's hard to believe the first series of 'I'm...' was nine years ago!

Curb is brilliant, but less original (similar concept to AP, similar style to the Office). The Office is brilliant too, although people do say the idea was plagiarised from the film Office Space (which I haven't seen :dunno: ).

All three are very similar though, each with a self-absorbed main character (following in the footsteps of Basil Fawlty) and realistic stylee.

I thought Chris Morris' Nathan Barley was a work of genius too.

Curb is brilliant, but less original (similar concept to AP, similar style to the Office). The Office is brilliant too, although people do say the idea was plagiarised from the film Office Space (which I haven't seen ).

The point is they are both brilliant, they are both legendary and deserve to be up there in this thread. What do you think of Seinfeld?

The point is they are both brilliant, they are both legendary and deserve to be up there in this thread. What do you think of Seinfeld?

Never got hooked. Curb is the first American sit-com to get me 100%.

All three that you spoke about are amazing.

Archived