IGNORED

Materazzi

city red ed

I played a game recently, was full back. The lad on the wing tried to go past and got a tap on the ankles to slow him down a bit. He told me that I was a #xx%%%**** etc and if I did it again he'd break my ######g legs.

I blessed him. And next time he went past he got another kick!!!

I played a game recently, was full back. The lad on the wing tried to go past and got a tap on the ankles to slow him down a bit. He told me that I was a #xx%%%**** etc and if I did it again he'd break my ######g legs.

Exactly....... where have all the 'Men' gone in this age?

I trust he was man enough to break your ######g legs Rev?

I bet he didn't..........

I say.......don't worship false idols....... and don't make idle threats...... the wimp!

I say.......don't worship false idols....... and don't make idle threats...... the wimp!

False idols is that like pop idol? :dunno:

He moved to the other wing, as I decided that I wasn't going to be intimidated by someone young enough to be my son.

My sporting heroes were all defenders: Bobby Moore, Geoff Merrick, Norman Hunter, Stuart Pearce, even Chopper Harris. I could never emulate their immense ability, but like them I won't be intimidated by a little gobsh*** with bad acne and an attitude problem.

And my legs remain intact, if a little arthritic these days.

As a former defender I know for a fact that winding-up the attacker is often the best part of the game. If they punish Materazzi then they'd have to punish pretty much every professional footballer - probably including Zidane!

I'm not condoning whatever Materazzi said but if Zidane had half a brain he would have known he was just provoking him to do someone stupid.

I wonder if all this hype would have occured if this was a Poland player headbutting a Costa Rican? I doubt it.

seeing news that matrerazzi admitted to insulting zidane by sying he would like to take the shirt off of zidanes wife should something be done to him?

No. Why do people seem to want to stick up for Zidane ? A truly gifted footballer, but the fact is he lost his rag, big time, and has done so before. He's been sent off 14 times in his career, and a fair few of them were for stuff like punching and headbutting. He's not angelic, and has been proved to have a violent streak to him.

Nowt. Its his own dumb fault.

Zinedane is 34 fer forks sake, and an experienced pro. Shoulda let his game do the talking.

France were on top, till the sending off.

Henry went off after the sending off.

The game turned on his sending off.

The man is a grade a t1t for falling for the oldest trick in the book-bet hes never heard that insult, or handed any out

Zinedane is trying to evade the consequences of his actions-losing the World Cup fer France. Passing the buck-wonder if an English player would get away with it? I think not

So sod all sympathy for him, at all. His team mates specially Henry, Viera, Ribery, Bartez, Makalele, & Gallas, who worked their @sses off to see that happen to them. Bartez especially as penalty saving is total lottery.

Archived