IGNORED

Thom Yorke- The Eraser

tinman-is-god

As i am sure that you all know, Radiohead are the greatest band in the world, so Thom's solo effort has been big news. It felt weird purchasing a Thom record, not a Radiohead one, and it felt a little wrong. But they say they are not going to split so it'll be ok. I hope!

I think The Eraser is outstanding, a superb album. For me, the title track, as well as And it rained all night and Harrowdown Hill are the 3 best tracks. Gotta love it. Thoughts?

Guest DrFaustus

As i am sure that you all know, Radiohead are the greatest band in the world, so Thom's solo effort has been big news. It felt weird purchasing a Thom record, not a Radiohead one, and it felt a little wrong. But they say they are not going to split so it'll be ok. I hope!

I think The Eraser is outstanding, a superb album. For me, the title track, as well as And it rained all night and Harrowdown Hill are the 3 best tracks. Gotta love it. Thoughts?

If Radiohead are the greatest band in the world, then I'm a Swedish blonde called Rhiannon with glorious breasts.

Radio 1 played some of it last week. It would seem likely that the sales of razoip blades, gin and tranquilisers went up by several hundred percent.

Lamb madras.

Guest DrFaustus

Hows it going Rhiannon? May i compliment you on your lovely choice of dress.

:D Good one!

Fair shout mate, everyone has different taste. I like cheese, peanut butter and marmite sandwiches but guess many don't.

Glad you like the dress, it's a Prada. A little pricey, but it shows off my ample bosom.

Radiohead were good nay great between 93-97.

When they made Kid A (in which they intended to drive away the non hardcore support they had but in fact drove away any talent they might have had) they became the champions of scene kids. They've continued to cash in on this ever since at the expense of any decent music.

Radiohead R.I.P. 1997

I'm a massive Radiohead fan and have enjoyed all of their albums.

However, this new Thom Yorke album is absolute gash. It sounds like he's put all of his keys in a biscuit tin and recorded the sound of him throwing it down the stairs over and over. Mix in a few bleep-blorps from his microwave and lyrics that appear to have been written by the local tramp (after having consumed half a bottle of Domestos) and one realises that we should be congratulating Thom Yorke. He's the first man to release a full album featuring just the sound of him masturbating.

Guest DrFaustus

Mix in a few bleep-blorps from his microwave and lyrics that appear to have been written by the local tramp (after having consumed half a bottle of Domestos)

If you don't mind, it was a full bottle and I mixed it with Vim.

Radiohead were good nay great between 93-97.

When they made Kid A (in which they intended to drive away the non hardcore support they had but in fact drove away any talent they might have had) they became the champions of scene kids. They've continued to cash in on this ever since at the expense of any decent music.

Radiohead R.I.P. 1997

Granted, OK Computer and The Bends is the pinnacle of what they have achieved, but to say Radiohead R.I.P 1997 is just absolute gash.

Kid A and Amnesiac are both difficult albums, but they are not without moments of genius (The National Anthem anyone). Radioheads latest album, Hail to the Thief is excellent. 2+2=5 and Wolf at the Door are as good as anything they have done, so to say they have lost the talent they had is ridiculous IMO.

I say fair play to them for not resting on their laurels and producing the same identikit albums time after time, which they could easily have done. Instead they wanted to push the boundaries of their music, which as artists they are fully entitled to do. Its all a matter of taste in the end, i suppose.

I havent heard The Eraser yet, so I cant make an opinion on it, but I have heard Harrowdown Hill is excellent.

Granted, OK Computer and The Bends is the pinnacle of what they have achieved, but to say Radiohead R.I.P 1997 is just absolute gash.

Kid A and Amnesiac are both difficult albums, but they are not without moments of genius (The National Anthem anyone). Radioheads latest album, Hail to the Thief is excellent. 2+2=5 and Wolf at the Door are as good as anything they have done, so to say they have lost the talent they had is ridiculous IMO.

I say fair play to them for not resting on their laurels and producing the same identikit albums time after time, which they could easily have done. Instead they wanted to push the boundaries of their music, which as artists they are fully entitled to do. Its all a matter of taste in the end, i suppose.

I havent heard The Eraser yet, so I cant make an opinion on it, but I have heard Harrowdown Hill is excellent.

What gazareth feels about Erasar i feel about Kid A onwards, except it's more than one guy getting off on themselves which is even worse. I don't believe they changed to push their boundaries at all but that's just my opinion. As you said it's taste though. I didn't bother with Hail to the Thief because the stuff i heard off it was well rubbish really. I'll download it and give it a chance.

Thoms new album i think is brilliant! Some really wicked drum beats and chords! You know if thom writes the lyrics then there going to be good and he doesnt disapoint on this album!!

I think the album is a grower! so if u don't like it 1st time round then give it another couple of tries! i love Black Swan!

Radiohead one of my favourite bands of all time!

I cant wait to see radiohead live at V Festival this year!!

I think Kid A is one of those albums that i could listen to over and over again, because its so different to anything else!

But over all i think everyone should give Thoms album a try! if its not your cup o tea o well! But i think most people will like it!

one more piece of advise listen to it on a really good stereo with loads of bass! Sounds amazing!!!

My problem is I'm old enough to remember some truly great bands.......... and I don't think 'Radiohead' really fits the 'Truly Great' bill......... good yes (I don't like them much mind you) but nothing more....... we will see if we are still talking about them in 10, 20,30 or 40 years time?

Archived