IGNORED

All This But.............

Dorset_Cider

Hands up.................... to all that love the Floyd

Nobody has mentioned that the legend that was 'Syd Barrett' died ....... two days ago.

Long live 'Syd' and his Pink Floyd

I didn't even know.

Wish You Were Here and Dark Side of The Moon are my favourite albums.

I didn't even know.

Wish You Were Here and Dark Side of The Moon are my favourite albums.

The thread of 'Syd' is throughout those and many more of the Floyd albums....... as you would know.

Now there was a lad who enjoyed his hallucinogenics.......R.I.P. fella.

See you on the other side.

I would say that it was never totally clear if it was something in his brain or the strength and amount of time he did aceeeeeeeeeed that did for 'Syd' but the 'Syd' period was my favorite Pink Floyd time

I would still suggest that it is worth trying at least once............ but I'm talking about listening to Pink Floyd...... not acid.................. :) ......................:)................;) ahem

Not that anyone today would suggest trying both :)

'shine on you crazy diamond'

The thread of 'Syd' is throughout those and many more of the Floyd albums....... as you would know.

I would say that it was never totally clear if it was something in his brain or the strength and amount of time he did aceeeeeeeeeed that did for 'Syd' but the 'Syd' period was my favorite Pink Floyd time

I would still suggest that it is worth trying at least once............ but I'm talking about listening to Pink Floyd...... not acid.................. :) ......................:)................:) ahem

Not that anyone today would suggest trying both :)

'shine on you crazy diamond'

I wonder how many forumites we could organise to all drop one simultaneously, each of us listening to The Floyd. Imagine the threads we'd come up with!! :D

Was it Dark Side that was supposed (according to nutters) to be orchestrated in time with The Wizard Of Oz? Anyone try it?

I wonder how many forumites we could organise to all drop one simultaneously, each of us listening to The Floyd. Imagine the threads we'd come up with!! :D

Was it Dark Side that was supposed (according to nutters) to be orchestrated in time with The Wizard Of Oz? Anyone try it?

Urban myth????????????

Heard that one .............. never tried it............. and yes it was Darkside.

Great album.................. full stop................. now we are talking classic albums here......

Not the latest one by some band that will be forgotten by lunch time............. Respect Mozo

Tried it and whilst not totally convinced it is nonetheless very impressive.

The more impressive one is synching up the song Echoes to the last act of 2001: A Space Odyssey - that is one where I think it works better than the actual sound track. They are both worth downloading if you spot them anywhere, pm me if you are interested I may have a copy around somewhere.

As ever check Wiki for more info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Side_of_the_Rainbow

Great album.................. full stop................. now we are talking classic albums here......

Not the latest one by some band that will be forgotten by lunch time............. Respect Mozo

Couldnt agree more. One of the few bands whose music still sounds as important and vibrant 30 years after it was made as it did when it was 1st released.

Very sad day for music in general. Syd Barrett was an absolute legend in musical terms, as without him, we may not have had such experimental bands as Radiohead, Talking Heads etc etc. He really was one of the first musicians to try and take the art form in new directions.

Maybe David Gilmour will reform the band now as a celebration of Syds life??? I wouldnt be suprised as I know Nick Mason and Roger Waters are interested in doing it, according to this months Q. Heres hoping. :pray:

Yes

Ha ha, well which one?a Yes to the acid reference or yes I'm missing something?

Can you imagine dropping a tab at a football match! Fark I think I'd have a heart attack my mate did one after a few stells before and he literally went green was well funny, as was his driving :o

Ha ha, well which one?a Yes to the acid reference or yes I'm missing something?

Can you imagine dropping a tab at a football match! Fark I think I'd have a heart attack my mate did one after a few stells before and he literally went green was well funny, as was his driving :o

Yes,yes

Archived