IGNORED

Hello From Lativia

Flaxbourton Red

Hello id though id put bits on culture of latvia, Ive been on the ale all day, so excuse the typos,

its realy hot here at the moment, my hostel room is like the black hole of calcuta, no aircon etc, underneath we have an allnight "breast bar" with ladies working outside attracting punters, right under my window. In fact you cant move without somebody wanting you to come into their bar and check out the girls, its getting on my breasts a bit now.

There is also a lot of beggers and mad people walking about, not to disimilar to horfield. There is this mad 8 year old girl that asks for money then slaps and pokes people if they say no, we last saw her 10 mins ago, 2.30 am our time.

The exchange rate is about one lat to the pound.

beer cost anything from 80p to 1.50, not too bad tasting. They have this drink called balsams its abit like jeugermeister, its quality, but then I'm the only one that likes it. Food is pretty cheap, you can pick up half a pig's head in the local market for 15p, saw trollop hovering about looking for a replacement for agogo, i asked him if he wanted to borrow some money for the other half!

The locals are nice people, sometimes they can be a bit miserable looking but its probably the heat. When they get drunk its a real comedy type drunkeness, falling about like bad actors on eastenders, must be that vodkal or balsams.

Taxis are a complete rip off, the sound of an english voice is akin to a cash register, every taxi you get into has a broken meter, funny that aint it? We soon learnt to tell them a price before we got in if they don't like it we move on.

The buildings are very interesting, old riga is abit like prague, with some modern buildings thrown in for good luck, lots of churches and old buildings. outside the old town you get a lot of woodern buildings with corrogated iron roofs, they look a bit sinister in an amterville type way.

er ill think of some more stuff tomorrow. :sweatingbullets:

Archived