IGNORED

Dutch Football

cole4ord

Hey everyone

Me and some mates are going to Amsterdam for a long weekend in november for my birthday and are hoping to take in an Ajax game. I was sent the fixtures the other day and it turns out that weekend is Ajax at home to PSV. Obviously this is a pretty big game on the dutch calender, but was just wondering if anyone else has ever been to watch Ajax and how difficult it is to get tickets?

Hey everyone

Me and some mates are going to Amsterdam for a long weekend in november for my birthday and are hoping to take in an Ajax game. I was sent the fixtures the other day and it turns out that weekend is Ajax at home to PSV. Obviously this is a pretty big game on the dutch calender, but was just wondering if anyone else has ever been to watch Ajax and how difficult it is to get tickets?

hi ive been a few times, its relatively easy for the most games except feyanoord and PSV, you can pick them up at any dutch newsagents that has a ticketbox machine, they also have a state lottery machine as well.

For the PSV game, i would email the club and tell them that you are ajax fans from england going over for the game, it might work.

Most dutch clubs operate a membership card system for their own fans. They may ask for ID for fans without membership cards.

You can not get into the away end without an away membership card of the away club. For the portential flashpoint games an official from the away club will travel and check the cards on a laptop computer so that the pictures the club has on its system matches the fan holding the card.

They away end at ajax is encased in bullet proof glass and the beer is alcohol free.

If you cant get in for this game, try utrecht or az alkmaar, dutch football is great fun, have a good weekend.

Hey everyone

when we went to Amerstam, the tickets were practically sold out, and they told us that we couldn't get four tickets next to each other, so we decided to give it a miss!

But we did manage to get tickets for PSV vs Newcastle in the UEFA cup semi final a couple of years back at the Phillips, and the stand we were in was really quiet, even though they had heaters in the roof!!

If you can get tickets, it is definatly worth it as the atmosphere is so much better than at Ashton Gate - dare i say it!

Hope this hopes a bit!

Whale

Archived