IGNORED

Hollowhead

bcfcred

According to the rumour mill in Plymouth, one of the strikers will be Sharp from S****horpe. It isn't clear if Stewart was the other striker (he wasn't seen leaving their ground yesterday!!!)

It's clear that Stewart isn't that bothered about playing for "the club that he loves". If he can't be up for playing for the City, then he shouldn't be on our wage bill. Same with Grant Smith.

It's clear that Stewart isn't that bothered about playing for "the club that he loves".

From the information and/or speculation that's available on the subject, I don't understand how you can reach the conclusion that Stewart is not bothered about playing for the club. It seems far more probable that it is GJ's refusal to play him.

Whilst I'm a fan of Gary Johnson's I do happen to think he's wrong on this one and that if you have a player of Marcus Stewart's ability available to you, then you should give him every opportunity to perform. He didn't really have that opportunity last season, at least not at the 'business end' of the season. Any speculation about players spreading bad vibes among the squad is just that - speculation.

Having said all that, it's crystal clear that things have gone way beyond any reconciliation which means it's best all round that Marcus goes. But it's very regrettable that it ever came to this IMO.

The evidence however is that Stewart has not performed. I cannot recall one game where I thought that Stewart was head and shoulders above any of the other strikers we had at the club. He is on a phenomenal salary, therefore I would expect him to earn that money by performing.

I agree with you that there have clearly been ructions between Johnson and Stewart. I am however pleased to hear that we have a manager who is not prepared to accept people expecting to be picked week in week out based upon their names or reputations as opposed to their performances on the pitch.

I agree with you that there have clearly been ructions between Johnson and Stewart. I am however pleased to hear that we have a manager who is not prepared to accept people expecting to be picked week in week out based upon their names or reputations as opposed to their performances on the pitch.

Or, as I personally believe, the manager refuses to play players who have a name and whom he can't have claimed to have nurtured as a player.

I think GJ is a good manager, but he also seems extremely egotistical. If he gets us promotion then he can have an ego as big as a house, but I can't help but think that this one will bite him on the bum in the same way the "judge me on Brian" thing did for Mr. Lansdown.

Archived