IGNORED

Fk Jurmala 0 Bristol City 2

Flaxbourton Red

Good evening from Riga, been on the ale a bit since the game so my memories a bit hazey, but here goes (scuse the typos)

City lined up with Brooker and Enoch up front, midfield consisting of Cotts, Skuse, Noble and Murray, in front of Orr, Carey, Fontain and Woody at left back.

The game started brightly for city with Ctts drifting into the centre of midfield and dribbling past two defenders to see his shot hit the post on the quarter hour.

Generally city looked very comfortable at the back with Orr and Carey working hard, although Fontain and Woody on the left had to work hard to contain the jurmala number 10 (Cristiano Torres, an Argentinian oddly) and number 11 Jorgis Karlns. However during the first half Jurmal were unable to trouble Basso with any shots on target. At one point it looked as if Torres had a clear shot on goal, after cleaverly taking the ball from Fontain, but he unselfishly crossed the ball back to Karlns only to see it fly hoplessly over the bar.

Orr delivered a number of good balls up to the front two, Enoch saw three attempts headed just wide. On 35 mins Enoch provided a great cross for brooker, only to see that go wide of the mark.

30 mins saw Skuse replaced with Russell.

The 2nd half saw a number of replacements with Brown coming on for Cotts and Murrey switching over to the right. Keogh and Heywood replacing both centre backs.

Great early pressure in the second half sees Russell pushing up further from the centre of midfield and increasing the number of balls to enoch for him to knock down to brooker.

On the hour a deft backheel from brooker to brown sees the hard working midfielder brought down. The free kick goes close with Russell hitting the bar. Great effort.

62 mins sees carlos skuse replacing noble, looks vaguely familiar.

Shortly afterwards more changes with jenison, lamb, wring and benion replacing brooker, woody, murray and enoch respectively.

Shortly afterwards jurmala break down the left following a long ball, bizarly the jurmala forward misskicks the ball right in front of basso almost sticking it in the ground, he then attempts to scoop the ball up, basso is well on top of him and takes it calmly.

The rest of the second half sees city gain more confidence with jenison, wring and brown begin to cause more problems for the jurmala defence.

City's first goal on 75 sees a jenison cross headed away by the jurmala goalkeeper, only for brown to fire the ball back at him, although able to punch brown's effort away, he is unable to stop the Benyion's excellent volley to the right hand of the net.

Minutes later benison is brought down by a late tackle, this time Russell wastes no time scoring with an excellent free kick.

On 85 city gain another free kick 30 yards out, another excellent set piece sees Heywood race into the box to see his header saved.

Wring makes a last ditch attempt only to shoot wide. Right at the death some argy bargy involving the (former ?) latvian international Andres Brochenkov sees city gain another free kick after Beniyon is brought down. here the ref goes into world cup mode. Cant remember if there were any cards issued during the game.

All in all a solid city performance in searing heat against a spirited jurmala side, who i thought played better than skonto. Scott Brown man of the match imo.

The crowd was around 300.

The jurmala fans were helpful and friendly, a great day out.

Basso also got to chat to a fellow brazilian, Jurmala N0. 6 Antonio. Again after the game Gary Johnson had a chat with the fans.

We are at the start of something really good

Someone makes the effort to post whilst they are away watching City in Latvia, for the good of all of us to have a read about how the players got on and all some people can do is point out apparent mistakes. We all know he meant Cole Skuse and probably put Carl by accident, but well done by pointing it out for all of us :dunno:

I for one am thankful that some people make the effort to take time out of their schedule in Latvia to let us know how the game went, shame some people don't share the same gratitude.

Too right. The bad, bad people we are.

I wish I was more like you.

Thankyou Flaxbourton Red, I'm sure everyone down to a man appreciates your efforts, and the same goes to the others who have posted on here will out in Latvia.

Minutes later benison is brought down by a late tackle, this time Russell wastes no time scoring with an excellent free kick.

On 85 city gain another free kick 30 yards out, another excellent set piece sees Heywood race into the box to see his header saved.

Sounds good and thank you for your report.

It sounds very promising if we are starting to deliver excellent set pieces. I wander if we can also sort out defending them as well. Then we will have a chance of promotion.

Scott Brown man of the match you say?I wonder what Nobir and his little band of followers will make of that :whistle:

Er... that he played well? What else ?

As I explained quite clearly in the other thread I don't think he's a bad footballer I just don't think he's as good as the other 3 central midfielders. Judging by his selections GJ would seem to agree.

Little band of followers? :blink: What's your problem? Lonely?

Er... that he played well? What else ?

As I explained quite clearly in the other thread I don't think he's a bad footballer I just don't think he's as good as the other 3 central midfielders. Judging by his selections GJ would seem to agree.

Little band of followers? :blink: What's your problem? Lonely?

Ever thought of changing your name to mackerel? :D

likin what i hear about benyon, he sounds like one for the future

i would like to see him break through into the first team this season though as we only have 3 real strikers in brooks jevo and enoch!

what do you lot think??

• Admin

likin what i hear about benyon, he sounds like one for the future

i would like to see him break through into the first team this season though as we only have 3 real strikers in brooks jevo and enoch!

what do you lot think??

If you are to consider Benyon as a striker then you should consider Cotterill a striker too.

They came up in the same age group and were the front pairing in the Acadamy sides.

If you are to consider Benyon as a striker then you should consider Cotterill a striker too.

They came up in the same age group and were the front pairing in the Acadamy sides.

yeah but until we get cover for cotts on the wing i cant see him playing upfront

Archived