IGNORED

If He Were Still Fit...

Frank the Tank

Looking at our squad...who of the last 30 years of city players would you add to our squad if they were at there peak right now..? ie...Newman in midfield? Royal up front?

...I fancy Tom Ritchie partnering Brooker (although, fingers crossed, jevons will be similarly effective attackingn from the left...)

but is that just being realistic about what it takes to get promoted? i am not so sure......i have fonder memories of seeing jacki play than being promoted under ward,,,,yet i would sacrifice any style to see promotion this year.....ho hum...good job i am a city fan so can EXPECT neither...!

More recently...

Billy Mercer in goal?

Brian Tinnion in the middle?

Andy Cole upfront?

It's quite strange thinking about it... But I'm not sure I'd swap an on-form partnership of Fontaine and Carey for Shaun Taylor? Haven't been able to say that about a central defensive pairing since, well, er, Shaun Taylor!

Greg Goodridge, Junior Bent, Ivan Tistimetanu, Soren Anderson, Colin Cramb, Shaun Taylor, Gerry Gow, Paul Agostino, Bob Taylor, Rob Newman, Shaun Goater, Wayne Allison, Darren Barnard And Brian Tinnion to name just a few.

and anyway.....Ivan Tistimetanu? really?!

He was my Fave player at that time. But sadly we only saw glimpses of what he was capable of due to that bad injury. I remember travelling to Oxford I think it was just to see him make his comeback.

So if he was fully fit and in his prime I would like to see him in the midfield today as he was IMO a box to box sort of player which Gj has already says he likes from midfielders.

Archived